Clear all

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I did a cover of Green Day. I played along with Guitar pro. Sorry the sound kinda got clipped and the guitar is too far ahead of the mix but it's my first time playing along with anything in the background. Questions and comments welcome. Don't wanna say concerns because I'm scared of what I'd get.

http://owa.dmusic.com

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

Posted : 13/05/2008 10:47 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Your timing sounds right on to me, which can be hard for some people when they 1st start playing with a rhythem section, so good job! Yea, the distortion is a bit much for my taste, but if that's your sound, then go for it. :)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 14/05/2008 12:50 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Well done in my opinion , straight away I knew the song , so the melody to my ears was spot on ...

The timing seemed to my ears to be very good ,

I don't know what sort of distortion pedal you have but maybe just just turn the level down a little bit as it really is distorting more than is really needed in my opinion , and I only mean a fraction at the 3.58 mark in the song it really stands out to me ..

Well done ,

Trev..

p.s

I ain't seen you in ages good to hear your progress

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 14/05/2008 7:25 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Keep that stuff comin'
Yeh distortion is a bit too overwhelming.
But it gives it a bad azz sound.
(and that's a good thing)

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 15/05/2008 4:50 am