Charleston Rhythm N...

Notifications
Clear all

Charleston Rhythm Needs Drums!

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I just learned the Charleston Rhythm and did a quick (not really good!) recording. It needs a drum track but I can't think of a beat to go with it..I believe it should be similar to a shuffle but not as "lazy" as a shuffle if you get what I mean. Any ideas would be helpful! I know the chord progression needs work. I was just playing around with the rhythm. My VISION is for it to basically be a 12-bar blues with this sound.

Thanks

Charleston Rhythm

Posted : 31/08/2006 12:45 am
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

What prey tell is a Charleston Rhythm?That'd sound nice with a lead to back it. As for a drum track I'm stumped. Sorry I can't help.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

Posted : 31/08/2006 3:26 am
(@Anonymous)

What prey tell is a Charleston Rhythm?

I believe it is used a lot in Kansas City Blues-style music. Here is a midi I found: Kansas City Blues

Posted : 31/08/2006 3:43 am
(@Anonymous)

May ask why this was moved to the Hear Hear section? This wasn't about showing off my work...it was about getting help with this piece.

Posted : 31/08/2006 10:47 am
(@Anonymous)
(@Anonymous)

Hello! Hello! Hello! Hello! Hello!

I couldn't resit since I have been talking to myself! :lol:

After further review I think the drum selection SUCKS for this piece! Back to the drawing board! :cry:

Posted : 03/09/2006 7:24 pm