Cream- White Room

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Another in my series of Clapton covers. I'll change bands soon guys, don't worry ;). But, they say do what your good at , and right now that happens to be blues rock...
Like the subject says, this is a cover of Cream's White room. I'm playing lead guitar (the wah wah)...Also, before the first bridge, I'm doing the rhythm. I would do the rhythm threw the whole thing, but the guy who made the backing track put rhythm guitar so that the player can do the fun stuff ;).

And boy is it fun. Had a blast doing this one, only took me two tries to get what I wanted..It's great because everything except the main rhythm part is all improvised stuff, so its really a blast to play. (Unlike layla, where getting the timing down for all the different guitar parts was a real pain in the) So, anyways. I'm aware that I go off key for about a second or two in one spot, but other than that I was very happy with it... The only thing I'm not to pleased with was that I couldn't do the other parts, like the bridge parts, because they were on the Backing Track..

Anyways! Like always, very welcoming of constructive criticism. Thanks very much for taking the time to listen to it (I know it can be a bore without singing ). And let me know what to improve on.

Click Lo Fi

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/tasomusic.htm

Thanks,
Taso

Click Lo Fi

P.S. This was my 1000th post! yay!

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 14/11/2004 7:33 am
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

Hey man. Whats up. I liked the notes you played. They were good. It fit well enough. There were two things about it though, it needs to be mixed a little bit in my opinion. Just a bit of eq (dont ask me what because i have really no idea) and something else maybe. Also the wah, it was ok, it sounded too much like you were using the back most setting and foremost setting, I like it to be in between. Other than that it was great. I also missed the vocals from the song but whatever.

aka Izabella

Posted : 18/11/2004 9:57 pm
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member
Topic starter

thanks for the input, the mixing your absolutly right... The first verse part, the rhythm I mean sounds very out of place, its a bit to loud... I agree completly with that...

And yes, I'm rather new to the wah pedal, I'll hafta work on that. Thanks for the suggestions bud, I know it was a pleasure to give 'em ;)

Posted : 18/11/2004 10:00 pm
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I need help! :(

I've decided to try out singing for this song, and see what you all think of it... Very tough for me to post it, in more ways then one. The first, being that its embarassing, as I have a terrible, terrible voice.

The second, and this is what I truly need help with (we can work on the first problem once this is solved) is that I simply CAN'T post it. soundclick and dmusic both won't let me, I've tried hundreds of times. I simply get this error page

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.
Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.
Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

The file isn't to large. I've tried restarting my computer, deleting temporary internet files, I don't have a firewall on. I'm using windows xp, version 6.0 on IE...

The file will some times come as close to 96% completed, and then that page comes up. I'm not getting a response from soundclick forums (For the past 3 days, I'm very pissed at them). I'm in a very bad mood.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks a Bunch

Taso

Posted : 07/12/2004 2:46 am