Skip to content
Devil In The Boy (N...

Notifications
Clear all

Devil In The Boy (New SSG - week 22 - song)

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

For those who want to find out how this song came to be, check out the week 22 assignment in the SSG - then check out my song here..... https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=38761 .

I said I wanted a Stones/Ry Cooder feel for this one - and just for once, I think I achieved what I set out to do. There is a link to the track on soundclick in the SSG thread.

Really would appreciate a few opinions on this one......

Thanks,

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 05/04/2008 8:54 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Definate keeper Vic. :D

You've got the Stones vibe down on this one. 8)

I was waiting for the drums & bass to kick in during the intro, maybe you can add them later?

Great job!

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 06/04/2008 6:34 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Yea I agree with Dan it needs some drums and bass but you did get the Stones vibe down pretty well. I'm not a big fan of the Stones but this was really good you just need to add the other instruments to fill it out.

You have the perfect voice for the songs you write kinda grtitty, very rock. Very nice.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 09/04/2008 1:40 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

You know, I'm not a Stones expert, but your songs tend to sound very much like you. It usually takes only a few seconds to recognize your sound. It's hard to put to words, but I guess it's a good thing. I liked the tune anyway. :D

Posted : 14/04/2008 12:23 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Some people have to travel the world . . .
climb the peaks of Tibetan mountains . . .
to find someone who will tell them . . . .
It's best to be themselves.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 14/04/2008 1:59 pm