Notifications
Clear all

Early demos: Capricho Arabe/ Air on the G String

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@alangreen)
Topic starter

I've been busy this week so here's a couple of things to listen to.

www.reverbnation.com/alangreen

Capricho Arabe is by Francisco Tarrega, the Air from the Suite number 3 is by JS Bach. The recordings were made in the study at home using my Boss Micro BR and my number 2 backup guitar which kept coming unstuck from my guitar rest. Oh well. Enjoy.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 19/02/2010 6:37 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

The Air is a really nice tune. I like your version. Did you the arrangement?

My favorite is Capricho Arabe. I thought the piece was easier, it seems really hard to play!

Thanks for sharing.

Posted : 19/02/2010 8:28 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

some lovely recordings there Alan!
i notice from your personal info on your homepage that you played metal up unitl 12 years ago - it seems a world away from the classical recordings you have now. do you still play a bit of metal?

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 19/02/2010 9:39 pm
(@alangreen)
Topic starter

Yes, I still like my metal. I don't play it much these days, but I'm the official Electric Guitarist for the Cambridge Guitar Orchestra, and my Saturday morning Music School students are all learning electric so there's a lot of blues rock going down. I used to have some of my Sunday Songwriters contributions on the Reverbnation page (but took them down to focus on wedding bookings for a while), they weren't out-and-out metal but you could hear the influences.

The Air on the G String arrangement was by David Bruce in 2001 and was a free download from another site when I found it.

I played Capricho Arabe for my Grade 8. I wanted to play it from the moment I first heard it - the repeats with a twist mean the layout isn't too horrible, but it certainly takes some playing.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 19/02/2010 9:47 pm