Clear all

EP is released!

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Spookhand's first studio release, "Rock n' Roll Zombie Party", is finally finished! It's been a busy couple of months for me. I know I've been MIA. I "produced" our EP, so I've been hard at work on that. We had a big show on the 19th and were planning on releasing the EP then, so I had a deadline. To make it worse, I was leaving on a cruise on the 13th and would miss our show, so everything had to be ready 1 week earlier. I'm also in the process of moving and getting my house ready to put on the rental market. Well, the EP was finished, the show went well w/ a friend of ours filling in on bass and the cruise was the best vacation I've ever had.

Here's the 5 songs from the EP, they are listed in reverse order (Throw the Switch should be first, Rock n' Roll Zombie last)...

http://spookhand.dmusic.com

Here's the soundclick link, DMusic is kind of a pain... http://www.soundclick.com/spookhand

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 22/09/2009 5:05 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Cool, grats! It's past midnight here so cant properly listen to it, will get back to you once I listened to it. :)

Posted : 22/09/2009 10:23 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Would love to hear some feedback on these, good or bad! :D

Posted : 23/09/2009 1:42 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Sounds good, loads of energy throughout! It's all pretty tight, good attitude of the vocalist, too. :) Only downside is the mix a bit, or the recording process. The low end is really tame, including the drum. It makes it sound less massive then it really is. But for the rest big props, will this be used to get more gigs?

Posted : 24/09/2009 7:44 am
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the feedback. I agree w/ the low end, that's why you shouldn't mix w/ a subwoofer. Since I was on such a tight schedule, I'm probably going to remix over the next week or so to get them better.

We may use it for gigs, but we've played at 3 of the main rock clubs in Nashville now so they know and love us. We've got a show booked at another club in Murfreesboro (about an hour away) and a repeat at the Muse here. Our word of mouth is starting to get good enough that we won't have to chase gigs as much.

Posted : 24/09/2009 12:48 pm
(@alangreen)

The guitar's a bit fuzzy for me - I like more of a crunch - but it's good material and I hope you do well with it.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 24/09/2009 7:08 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

If you have the seperate tracks I'd love to give mixing it a shot myself. :D If you dont mind that drop me a PM!

Posted : 25/09/2009 12:27 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

that is good stuff - i loved Vader!!

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 27/09/2009 5:57 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I could not listen to it at levels it deserves, but I still listened. Pretty good stuff. Very convincing and very real. It's no surprise that you've been invited back places. Kepp on Rocking!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 13/11/2009 12:30 pm