Clear all

Eyes on Me - 3 years in the making

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I'm actually not too happy with this, and in fact, it's a private link with no name because I'm going to get it nailed and post it up hopefully soon. But I've been asked about what the song is and as you can tell, there are a couple rough spots, but all in all it's coming together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFIC8WXFgE4

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 05/11/2010 9:04 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Wow! Joe, that is very well! Yeah, probably you must practice some tricky passages but you practically got it. Your tone is very, very good!

By the way, your video quality was always superb but the audio quality that you have getting with that Zoom recorder is awesome.

And just a comment. I saw several times your thumb over the neck. As you know the classical position recommends to put the thumb behind the neck, it is easier to reach some notes and also it avoids possible mutes. I don't know if it is related to those "rough spots." Check it out.

Congrats!

Posted : 14/11/2010 9:57 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks Nuno.

I've just about got it and will post some time next week.

The thumb thing is actually easier for me, but if I need to switch to not using it to get to point B easier, then I can do it, I just don't find it comfortable, and I pinch a nerve depending on the position. In this one I used my thumb one time in the beginning, but the way I hold my guitar it looks like I use it more I think.

The problem for this song is mainly the bar at the 9, 10, 11th fret and I think I've fixed it.

Can't wait to get a final version up.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 14/11/2010 2:50 pm