Clear all

Get You (Rock Out)

19 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Thanks Dan

I'm working on a new song now, played on acoustic in Open C tuning. So I gotta give Jimmy Page credit for the next one. I learned lots of open tunings from him and used to play this style a lot. I am a little out of practice. Might take a couple weeks, I want it to be a quality song, might even write some serious lyrics. :D

Good luck on your new song Wes, can't wait to hear it when it's finished. 8)

I learned a few open tunings from Jimmy as well - had to learn Open G for "That's The Way", DADGAD for "Kashmir", and I don't know what he calls the tuning, (DGCGCD), he came up with for "The Rain Song", but it's pretty cool. I wrote a little intrumental using it last year.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 23/12/2007 12:44 pm
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member

You're right... nice tone with that pedal. Nice job all around!

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

Posted : 10/01/2008 7:34 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Nice Mr. Inman
Elvis has left the building......

#4491....

Posted : 10/01/2008 7:58 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thanks guys.

Yeah, that song was a little tongue-in-cheek. I dunno, I like to put a little humor in my music, and I was trying to do kind of a corny Elvis impersonation. And I could've easily thought of better lyrics. I wanted them simple. The main thing I was going for was that early Rock N Roll sound. I'm actually very satisfied with this song.

Kind of still stuck on my newest song, I have the music, but can't come up with lyrics. :roll:

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 10/01/2008 9:32 pm
Page 2 / 2