0 Likes
(@blutic1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I'm so stupid. Thanks.

Posted : 12/07/2006 1:17 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

dmusic.com is fairly straightforward, free, and doesn't seem to give any particular browsers/OSs any hassle like sone of the others do. You might like to try that one.

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 12/07/2006 1:34 pm
(@tiger-jam)
Eminent Member

I was just going through the registration process at dmusic. THe DMusic Submission Agreement seems like a usury adhesion contract. Check out the following provision:
Artist hereby disclaims any and all right, title, or interest in any and all material with which Artist Materials may be combined or into which all or any portion of Artist Materials may be incorporated. As used in this Agreement, the term "Artist Materials" means (A) sound recordings and/or audiovisual works of Artist's vocal and/or instrumental performances, (B) the musical compositions (i.e., songs, lyrics) embodied in those recordings and works,...

To me, this reads like subscribers surrender any rights to the underlying song, and maintain only the right to the performance. I could be wrong, but proceed with caution.

Posted : 26/07/2006 6:09 am
(@redpoint)
Reputable Member

I registered at dmusic and soundclick, but hesitated because they seemed to be very much against cover songs, as well.

Soundclick seemed to imply that as long as your songs were original, you only were giving up the non-exclusive right to Soundclick to let them play your music for you (and also to use your music in promos, and the like), but you still own the song.

Once I have something original I'll probably start using soundclick.

Posted : 26/07/2006 6:11 am
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I just signed up with Putfile. Easy signup and easy to upload from your computer too. I tried others in the past and downloads were very slow. On Putfile even 5 minute songs have uploaded quickly for me, and also downloads as well.

Pretty simple, just hit Browse, find the song clip on your computer, highlight and hit Open in the box. Then click Submit. Songs have been uploading for me in about 15-20 seconds.

http://www.putfile.com/

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 26/07/2006 7:56 pm