i really like this tune let me know what you think

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@dneck)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

C jam at http://www.myspace.com/deepfreeze123

I think the part before the solo is a little too long but oh well i really love the way this sounds especially when the solo kicks in, let me know what you think plz.

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

Posted : 14/04/2006 6:44 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Really nice Dneck.

Good melody & solo.

Good job. :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 14/04/2006 3:19 pm
(@dneck)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

thanks I really feel like the melody and the solo kinda interact which ive never really done before, im very happy with how that turned out. Im workin on makin it a complete song.

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

Posted : 17/04/2006 1:44 am
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Definitely work on making it a complete song, plenty of good bits in it already. If you play it to a metronome I might be able to add some drums and bass to your final track if you want me to.

Posted : 17/04/2006 2:12 pm
(@dneck)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

man you should do a piano part, that stuff on your site sounds great. I could record a version with the melody part for a couple of bars and then the chord progression part and do that for awhile, we could switch off or something it could be pretty awsome I think.

-Chris Thile

Posted : 17/04/2006 3:37 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

If you can record both the melody and rhythm as seperate tracks there's no limit to what we can do with them. I'll be leaving to my own appartment/studio (:D) tomorrow, if you have the chance to record it before that I can bring it with me as I have no internet over there. Please include both the speed at which you recorded it (BPM) plus a chordsheet including whatever decorations (7ths, 9ths etc) you want me to add if you have specific wishes.

Please be aware that projects I am involved with are usually slow moving but if that's no prob we can see where we can take this. :)

Posted : 17/04/2006 3:48 pm
(@dneck)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

well the melody and the rhythm are never played at the same time right now so would it be ok if it was all one track? I dont really have any specific wishes, how about I just send you somethin cool and you just do whatever you think would make it sound the best. How long are you gonna be without the internet?

Newer version at http://www.soundclick.com/anydaynow with some harmonica not really quite fully happy with it but its pretty neat right now.

-Chris Thile

Posted : 17/04/2006 3:59 pm