Clear all

If I Only Had A Brain - Wizard of Oz

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

In hornor of the 70th Anniversary of the Wizard of Oz, If I Only Had a Brain....NOW IN HD! LOL. Got my Flip ULTRAHD camera in the mail today and had to try it out. Not bad quality for $160.
Now, if only I really did have a brain. It's kind of a poppy version of the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8JEXRJaQno

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 01/10/2009 6:07 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

70th Anniversary of The Wizard of Oz?
Now how did you stumble on that little tidbit?

I'm pulling my, what little I have left, hair out trying to figure out what song that intro and strumming pattern sounds like. At first I thought, something that America (Horse with No Name) did . . . or that Bread did? . . . maybe Chicago . . . I still can't pinpoint it . . . it's bothering me.

Anyway, nice upbeat take on the song. The singing is still a "little pitchy" as they say on American Idol.
You're still flat on some of the notes.
But keep plugging away at it.
I'm just totally blown away how you've taken this guitar thing and have excelled at it.
You have my total respect and admiration.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 01/10/2009 6:40 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks KR! Yeah, I'm no singer, but it won't stop me from doing it LOL. I'm working on it though.

The strumming pattern and take on the song is from someone named Steve Olson, he pointed me in the right direction for the chords, and he posted it on youtube a year or two ago under the name FiremanOly. He's got a great voice and is a great guitar player in his own right. So, that's where I got it from. The song for whatever reason just made me smile all the time when I listened to it so I talked to him about because it was just something that I had to have around to play.
I'm just totally blown away how you've taken this guitar thing and have excelled at it.
You have my total respect and admiration.

It's the ONE thing that I've ever stuck with. So, thank you very much, I really appreciate that comment.

Posted : 01/10/2009 6:49 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Aha!
Tin Man by America
I should have stuck with my first instinct.
Now I can take a nap.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 01/10/2009 7:06 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

BTW, what a funny coincidence that song (Tin Man) is also based on The Wizard of Oz.

Posted : 01/10/2009 7:38 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Yeah, I thought that was pretty funny. I had no idea, and it wouldn't have even crossed my mind! Thanks for that bit of trivia!

Posted : 02/10/2009 12:03 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Nice job! Way to be creative Joe.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 02/10/2009 12:20 pm