Clear all

In the Pines

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@moonrider)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I can't remember if I've posted this here or not . . .

Anyway, David's folk song project got me moving on an idea I've been playing with for a few years, and this is one of the results. I took a favorite traditional tune and subjected it to forced mutation via phylogenetic mutagens and high volume Parliament-Funkadelics, and this is what popped out of the chrysalis after a few days of gestation.

First song on my myspace player, "In the Pines"

http://www.myspace.com/jamesprojectmusic

It's a rough version - guitars and a canned drum loop. I'm hoping to flesh out a full version in the next month or two.

Guitars used:
Rhythm: Squier Classic Vibe 50's Telecaster - neck pickup
Funky psuedo-bass: Gretsch Special Jet - Neck pickup, doubled with bridge pickup
Lead: Gretsch Special Jet, bridge pickup

No amps were used, just the Simulanalog "Rednef Twin" and "JCM900" amp simulation plugins.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

Posted : 01/03/2010 2:32 pm
(@daven)
Estimable Member

Very nice.

Posted : 01/03/2010 4:54 pm
(@moonrider)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Very nice.

Glad you enjoyed it :) I guess most people didn't care for the "chicken fried funk" treatment of a traditional folk tune.

Either that or they were turned off by the prostitution and violence implied by the lyrics. :roll:

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

Posted : 08/03/2010 7:48 pm