Skip to content
Is this so bad no o...

Notifications
Clear all

Is this so bad no one will comment on it?

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@cringe)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Sky Carp is the one I'm asking about.

I hate to beg but I would appreciate some critisism. Go ahead it won't bother me if it's bad.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=517123

Posted : 24/01/2007 12:19 am
(@riff-raff)
Reputable Member

That's pretty good Cringe. I really can't say anything bad about it. It would make a great tune to play while rolling the credits of some great movie! It really flows nicely. Good stuff :)

I had to edit this post. I had written something else to describe the movie, but it came out "bad donkey movie!! :oops:
I forgot this site was family friendly. Sorry.

Posted : 24/01/2007 1:13 am
(@cringe)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

It is a kind of dull right now, still working on lyrics and getting a friend to do vocals. I can't sing at all.

Posted : 24/01/2007 1:29 am
(@dneck)
Prominent Member

hey the timing sounds like it hiccups a few times, might want to try recording one track to a metronome. Musically though it sounds good but I agree with you that it feels a little dull. I like the changes, but the main part in the beginning doesnt really grab you melodically. Its not bad you just asked for criticism hah nice job.

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

Posted : 24/01/2007 1:52 am
(@margaret)
Noble Member

This is really good--I like it a lot. 8)

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 24/01/2007 2:21 am
(@cringe)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks Margaret. What would you change?

Posted : 24/01/2007 2:23 am
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Thanks Margaret. What would you change?

I can't really come up with anything specific I'd change. I'm listening on some crummy headphones, so maybe it's just that, but the quality is somewhat muddy. I'd love to hear this really professionally produced.

I like all the layers going on within it. Not sure it needs vocals--it doesn't for me, anyway.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 24/01/2007 2:45 am
(@smokehouse)
Honorable Member

i agree with metronone comment ands thats only because i am going through the same thing myself, i could never get on with metronomes but what have done now is set it to speed i want and played a drum track to it on a keyboard and then play guitar to drum track. so now i have really confused you i,ll clear off.....by the way guitar sounds ok to me .....smoke

:WHO INVENTED WORK SHOULD COME BACK AND FINISH THE JOB OFF: http://www.soundclick.com/bartin

Posted : 24/01/2007 7:45 am
(@cringe)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I realize the time isn't perfect but where is it really messed up? I guess I'm not hearing it.

Posted : 26/01/2007 12:47 am