Clear all

James Gang - Tone Check

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@howyadoin)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I have three short James Gang/Joe Walsh clips up at myspace. I'll get the full versions up soon, but for now I need you guys to check the tone. Here's the link:

http://www.myspace.com/guitarplayr076

How's my tone?

Thanks.

Posted : 18/02/2006 9:06 pm
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member

How's my tone?Sounded good to me. 8) "Joe? Is that you?" :wink:
I'd love to be able to crank out a better-than-recognizable version of "Walk Away" some day. What's your rig?
I guess I should go break out the tab I have for "Rocky Mountain Way," and get practicing.

Posted : 18/02/2006 9:18 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

HowYaDoin

The amount of distortion was good, but not quite Joe's famous tone. This was a modeler? The lead guitar coming in at the end of the drum solo sounded more like a synthesizer than a guitar.

This was one of the first songs I ever learned on guitar. At the time it was still on the radio. Still one of my all time favorites. Joe Rocks!

Keep at it, you were a little behind the beat most of the time. But to me, the backing track seemed a little fast. I haven't heard the original in quite a while, but it seemed to be racing a little. If you could slow the backing track down a little I think you would be able to play along a little better.

But not bad at all, keep up the good work. Just polish it up a little.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 20/02/2006 12:44 am