La maggior parte della tristezza

10 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

http://www.box.net/shared/5avhu3vsw4

Just a little stand-alone song which I wrote to practice certain aspects of piano-technique so it's an etude of sorts. Hope people like it, and if not, tell me what I did wrong. :D

Posted : 21/04/2008 5:55 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Very pretty.
Just the type of music I need to listen to while writing my novel.
In a minor key?
Got a bit slow and gloomy but you picked it up towards the end.
And translation por favor?
You are a marvel, Arjen.

(sigh) so talented, so young

After I get my book published, and they make it into a movie, you'll be writing the score.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 21/04/2008 6:21 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Sounds vaguely familiar, to me. :wink:

Seriously though, could I grab a score for this? I wouldn't mind adding it to my practice-list.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 21/04/2008 6:22 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ken: You're writing a novel? I can't remember you being very eleborate about it so what where how when? Glad you liked the piece, it roughly translates to 'the bigger/biggest/majority part of sadness'.

Scrybe: heh, yeah, I've send you the middle part earlier but the main theme should be new. :P I don't have a score yet but I can write it out for you if you want. I played it into Cubase without a metronome running so it's not locked into the project's internal tempo, if I directly import it into Sibelius it'll look as if someone had a brain seizure while composing. :lol:

Posted : 21/04/2008 6:31 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

yeah, if you wouldn't mind, that'd be great. no rush on it though. I'm being amazed by Melissa Etheridge right now. :shock: :shock:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

Posted : 21/04/2008 6:40 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Ken: You're writing a novel? I can't remember you being very eleborate about it so what where how when? Glad you liked the piece, it roughly translates to 'the bigger/biggest/majority part of sadness'.

It's a fantasy novel. Kind of like the Lord of Rings/Harry Potter type thing.
Talking dragons, telepathic cats, witty dialogue (I hope), etc
Hadn't planned it, but by the time it's published, the Harry Potter kids will be ready to move on to this.
It's a little more adult (if you can believe adults buying into the LOTR/HP thing)
I'm having fun with it though.
Writing it in the English/British style dialect (traditional to this kind of book) is difficult for me though.
I may asking Scrybe for help on that.
Sorry to jack the thread but I tend to do that.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 21/04/2008 7:00 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

I would happily proof-read and/or be of whatever help I can in that regard, pm me about it if you're serious.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

Posted : 21/04/2008 7:26 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

You got dragon music, Arjen?

Here's a seen when Tannon and Shara (female) are traveling through a mountain with the dragon and they find out the dragon is female:

“You are female?”
“Yes I am female.” it answered indignantly. “What makes you think I'm not?”
“Well for one thing, your voice sounds like a horn they use on boats in the fog.” Tannon said without much thought. Most of his attention was directed at keeping his footing in the rock strewn floor of the tunnel as he followed the dragon.
The dragon cocked its head slightly. “You mean a foghorn?”
“Yes” Tannon answered carefully. He moved his hand to his sword. He hadn't used the word foghorn because he didn't think it would know what it was.”
“Well, thank you. I find the sound of a foghorn most melodic.” It responded turning away its head blinking its eyes slowly. “What else?”
Tannon didn't expect that answer and then considered the creature's curiosity. And thought it – no, not it, she - she might not appear female but she appears to be vain.
He decided to push the conversation to test his hypothesis. “Well, you are not attractive like a female.” and backed away a couple of steps not sure what to expect.
The dragon abruptly stopped, turned and reared back its head and boomed, “Not attractive? Do you mean because I don't have breasts? Why would I need breasts?” her voice rising to a level of distant thunder. “I will feed my young . . .”, and with the next word she moved her head closer to him pronouncing the next word with slow deliberation causing her impressive teeth to show more than usual. “animals”, she continued, staring at him specifically and then turned her head slowly toward Shara and added, “not some sappy milk.” The dragon paused a second to consider them, turned and walked away showing her obvious disdain.
Shara grabbed Tannon, jerked him towards her and whispered fiercely “Why did you say that? Are you trying to get us killed?” She shook him once and said through clenched teeth, “I'll do the talking . . . now that I know she's a bytch . . . dragon.”
She released her grip on him only to poke him in the chest with her finger. “You, keep quiet!”
Tannon reluctantly acknowledged to himself that it was a stupid thing to say. He didn't know why he did things like that. Maybe he did have a death wish.
Shara followed after the dragon shaking the dirt from her hair that had fallen from the ceiling of the cave caused by the deep vibrations of the dragon's booming voice. Tannon could just barely hear mutterings of “half-witted . . men . . . all dolts . . . sappy m”. And not caring to hear more, he used the excuse of brushing dirt from his jersey to tarry a moment allowing her to move ahead. He followed the girls from a distance.

Posted : 21/04/2008 11:35 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Arjen,

Wow! No really, Wow!

I loved it. What you wrote is really beautiful and moving. Remember me when you are famous. Downloaded and put on my MP3 player.

Did you ever see the animated movie "The Snowman"? It's one of my favorites and your music reminds me of it.

Here is George Winston doing "Walking in the Air"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzV3EEm-QUU&feature=related

Really Arjen, great stuff.

Posted : 22/04/2008 12:20 am
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

very beautiful. haunting and comforting. this sounds so familiar and yet new. I cannot put my finger on it.
I really don't want to.
wonderful. thank you.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 22/04/2008 10:54 am