Clear all

Land Of Confusion Cover

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I did a cover of Land Of Confusion. Fairly easy song, except the solo. Any advice would be appreciated. Especially on how to transition from verse -> chorus and vice versa. Sorry I messed up the solo, but if I did one more take of it, I was going to go insane.

http://owa.dmusic.com/

Posted : 20/02/2007 11:19 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Hi OWA ..

Yeah I like your tone you have and like they say practice makes perfect ...

I wish I could do this sort of stuff , but I keep breaking that pesty thin string on the bottom every time I try to belt some thing out like this ...

I really enjoyed this ..

Your really comeing on well

Trevor

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 20/02/2007 11:34 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

wow, you are definitely developing with a capital "D!"

I think the main thing I noticed is your timing has improved a HELL of a lot - makes a big difference! By which I mean you used to stutter with the chord changes - these are almost seamless! practise and timing - makes a big difference, doesn't it!

I recognised the song straight away - and I wasn't waiting for the next part...you know, the awkward pauses where you used to change chords?

DEFINITELY getting there....

:D :D :D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 21/02/2007 1:07 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I take it you're covering the version that Disturbed did, and not the Genesis version?! :twisted: Your playing is really good. +1 everything Vic said. Good job! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 21/02/2007 2:37 am
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

Love that tone!

+1 with the others comments.

Posted : 21/02/2007 3:59 am