Mirrors on the ceiling...

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

... pink champagne on ice.

I've finally bitten the bullet and submitted a recording in response to NotTheGuy's challenge. Didn't quite make the 8th Sept deadline but better late than never. It's not only my first submission but also my first attempt at recording so I fall squarely into the beginner category.

Here goes then (be gentle with me :wink: ) :

http://chuckster06.dmusic.com/

It's the only track on there at the moment. Hopefully the first of many.

The backing track is from those great guys at GuitarBT.com. But the rest is me.

Would appreciate critisisms, suggestions etc not only on my playing but the recording also.

Many thanks.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 30/09/2006 11:17 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Very good overall Chuckster! 8) As far as the recording, and this could just be because I'm listening to it through cheap speakers, but the bass notes sounded alittle muddy, and the high notes alittle tinny. Did you record the guitar with a mic, straight to pc, or did you use an amp/effects also? Aside from that, you have good timming, and your playing flows really well. Keep at it, and I hope to hear lots more from you! :D 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 01/10/2006 12:27 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Good job, Chuckster!

I don't know much about making recordings, so I can't help you there, but your playing sounds good.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 01/10/2006 1:36 pm
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Many thanks for the feedback.

@Dan: I agree the bass notes do sound very muddy don't they. My setup is:

guitar -> zoom 505II -> m-audio fastrack usb interface -> laptop running guitar tracks pro.

I have an accoustic(ish) patch set up on the zoom. May try it clean next time see if that makes a difference. I did have to play around with the levels quite a bit too. As I say its my first attempt at recording so I'll try lots of different configurations to try and clean the sound up a bit.

You'll definately be hearing more from me soon. You may also see a lot more of me in the studio forum as well. :lol:

Again thanks for the feedback. :)

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 01/10/2006 2:48 pm