Notifications
Clear all

My band PXi

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@ollie)
Topic starter

Hey, please check out these mp3's of my band PXi (pronounced 'pixie'.) We're from the south-east of England and we are currently trying to find a drummer. These songs are just me and guitar but we'd like your opinions on the songs etc. Some songs have been changed slightly since these were done but these will give you a rough idea of what they're supposed to be like. Please excuse bad singing, lack of drums/bass, and bad quality, it'll be fixed by the time we get proper recording done.

[link removed]

Band Logo:

Our actual website is here:

http://www.pxionline.co.nr

It's not completely done yet so excuse the lack of contact sil vous plait.

Thanks for your time, any comments would be much appreciated :)

Posted : 08/05/2006 11:50 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN, ollie.

For me, it's too early to tell if they are good or not. I'd be curious to hear them with the full band behind it.

I thought corruption had some potential, off hand.

Good luck with finding the members you need.

Please post more when you get them completed.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 08/05/2006 10:55 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Hi ollie and Welcome to GuitarNoise.

Well, except for the "bad singing, lack of drums/bass, and bad quality" it was great.

Just joking. Actually the four songs I listened to were very catchy. I really couldn't quite understand the lyrics, but heh, it's punk. But the chord progressions were very good.

But you can't be serious about your band name can you? There has already been a famous band called the Pixies, one of my favorite all time bands. And they just recently got back together and played again.

I mean, what would you think of a band called The Beatle? or The Rolling Stone?

Great name, unfortunately someone beat you to it. :cry:

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 08/05/2006 11:18 pm
(@ollie)
Topic starter

Thanks for the comments guys.

I actually got the name when i was about 10 (before I had heard of the pixies) and there is a story behind it but it's kinda of gay, it didn't seem it when i was 10 but the name has just stuck.

Yeah, like i said, the recording doesn't allow you to hear the lyrics (or the full potential of the singing) so i can post the lyrics up if you so wish.

I'll post some better recordings up when we get some, once again, thanks guys :D

Posted : 09/05/2006 8:41 am
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Howdy, welcome to GN!

A bit hard to comment on the current MP3s, but from what I hear you've got something good on your hands. Good luck finding a drummer!

Posted : 09/05/2006 11:03 am