New Songs, just wondering what you think of them

12 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@cringe)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Spy in the Sky is done ...I think.

50 States is just messing around with a new audio interface. Recorded our singer playing and singing with 3 mics.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=517123

Posted : 30/03/2008 11:27 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I am the Guy in the Sky with the Eye
I am the Spy with the Eye in the Sky

I am the Guy in the Sky with an Eye (on You) <---E note

Cool song.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 31/03/2008 12:34 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Sled Farm has always been a good source of fresh tunes from the GN clan 8) Great tune :twisted:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 02/04/2008 4:21 am
(@cringe)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Sled Farm has always been a good source of fresh tunes from the GN clan 8) Great tune :twisted:

Fresh isn't what I've thought of when listening to our stuff. I think of it as avant retro or maybe just old and moldy. :?

Posted : 02/04/2008 7:59 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Way cool. I listened to a few tunes...well done cringe!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 04/04/2008 2:50 am
(@freaktag)
Eminent Member

50 states. Really a good song. Stands strong with just guitar and vocal. I take it this is just a sample and you will make it longer? Or maybe it is the way it will stand. Good vocal sound. Strong lyrics. I like the concept. Good job..Rick

Posted : 18/04/2008 2:02 am
(@elpantalla)
Honorable Member

Just listened to Spy In The Sky and all I have to say is: Holy God.

Did you write that? The recording is beautiful, nice and thick. Drums are the perfect level. The vocals are flawless.

Oh yeah.

One chord is fine.
Two you're pushing it.
Three and you're into jazz.

Posted : 18/04/2008 10:28 pm
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

Very good band though I think Honey would be better without distortion on the vocals because whats the point in hiding a good vocalist? LOL :lol:

together we stand, divided we fall..........

Posted : 21/04/2008 1:14 pm
(@cringe)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Wow thanks for all the very positive responses! :) We are working on trying to get out and actually play live. So far it's been just the 3 of us playing with recorded bass and drum tracks when we jam but we did get a bass player recently. Now all we need is a drummer and to figure out how to play some of our songs live.

Posted : 21/04/2008 6:23 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Wow thanks for all the very positive responses! :) We are working on trying to get out and actually play live. So far it's been just the 3 of us playing with recorded bass and drum tracks when we jam but we did get a bass player recently. Now all we need is a drummer and to figure out how to play some of our songs live.

I'd come see one of your shows. If I lived nearby, that is. :D

Good luck!

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

Posted : 23/04/2008 3:14 pm
(@cringe)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks Jason. We are in the St. Paul/Minneapolis area so I'm thinking you probably wouldn't want to drive 12 hours just to see us.

Posted : 23/04/2008 4:30 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Thanks Jason. We are in the St. Paul/Minneapolis area so I'm thinking you probably wouldn't want to drive 12 hours just to see us.

I've done crazier things for less reason! :twisted:

If I am ever in the area though, I'd look you guys up. I dig everything you've done to date. Plus, and most importantly, it sounds like you guys are having a blast doing it! It's catchy!

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

Posted : 24/04/2008 2:58 am