Notifications
Clear all

Newbie music

22 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@tliedel)
Topic starter

I'm a newbie here. Thought I'd start out by posting some of the music my band has been writing and recording lately.

Posted : 28/12/2004 2:30 am
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Nice production. I love the bass sound. It's perfect for the style. Drums sound a little thin to me on my speakers. Guitar sounds great throughout. Vocals could be brought out front more. A bit more of the dry signal would probably clear up the lyrics. Over all the song is great. Kinda like STP meets Sabbath meets I mother Earth. The backgrounds are great. The song brings shivers to my spine. Great work.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

Posted : 28/12/2004 4:04 am
(@tliedel)
Topic starter

Nice production. I love the bass sound. It's perfect for the style. Drums sound a little thin to me on my speakers. Guitar sounds great throughout. Vocals could be brought out front more. A bit more of the dry signal would probably clear up the lyrics. Over all the song is great. Kinda like STP meets Sabbath meets I mother Earth. The backgrounds are great. The song brings shivers to my spine. Great work.

Thanks. These are just scratch tracks of tunes we're getting ready to record. The drums are an Alesis drum machine.

Posted : 28/12/2004 4:36 pm
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member

These are really cool. Worth going into a studio, imo.

The king of rock, some say lives
the lizard king, is surely dead
the king of France, lost his head
the King of Kings... bled
( email me at esherman@wideopenwest.(com). I almost never check my hotmailaccount.

Posted : 28/12/2004 6:14 pm
(@tliedel)
Topic starter

These are really cool. Worth going into a studio, imo.

Actually we own our own studio. We're recording on a Yamaha AW16G. Awesome machine. Myself and my other guitarist record through our Boss GT6's, direct to the Yamaha. I play an 85 Jap Start and he plays a Carvin. Our bass player (who actually owns most of the recording gear) plays a Zon cusomized bass, direct to the Yamaha. We just got a drummer for the project. That's the only instrument we mic up. The keyboard is an Ensoniq SQ2 run direct to the Yamaha.

Posted : 28/12/2004 6:23 pm
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Where are you located? Take a stab at Calgary?

Posted : 28/12/2004 6:27 pm
(@tliedel)
Topic starter

Where are you located? Take a stab at Calgary?

Fenton, Michigan. 15 miles south of Flint.

Posted : 28/12/2004 6:37 pm
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Now that was a dart in the drywall!

Posted : 28/12/2004 6:54 pm
(@tliedel)
Topic starter

Now that was a dart in the drywall!

Ha! That's a good way to put it. :mrgreen:

Posted : 28/12/2004 7:21 pm
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member

Well right now the production dosen't sound very professional is all I meant. But they are just scratch tracks right?

I'll im saying is that the only thing holding these songs back from being really good is the sound quality. I don't mean to insult you or anything, im sure they sound awsome live.

( email me at esherman@wideopenwest.(com). I almost never check my hotmailaccount.

Posted : 28/12/2004 8:30 pm
(@tliedel)
Topic starter

Well right now the production dosen't sound very professional is all I meant. But they are just scratch tracks right?

I'll im saying is that the only thing holding these songs back from being really good is the sound quality. I don't mean to insult you or anything, im sure they sound awsome live.

No offense taken. These are just scratch tracks. The real production comes when we record them for the CD. We're thinking about taking the final recordings to a professional studio to have them mixed down.

Posted : 28/12/2004 8:44 pm
(@tgrover)

i downloade blue, thought it was ok. Was a bit long winded and didn't keep my interest to be honest. Speed it up a bit seemed far to slow

Posted : 29/12/2004 11:51 am
(@tliedel)
Topic starter

i downloade blue, thought it was ok. Was a bit long winded and didn't keep my interest to be honest. Speed it up a bit seemed far to slow

Well, ya can't please everyone. Blue is personally, one of my favorites that we've written. Its suppose to be slow and have a mystic feel to it. To speed it up would be to defeat the purpose.
We're not out to write commercial music in order to make money. We're writing from the heart and soul of each member as a collective. Our goal is to satisfy our tastes first, and if others enjoy it, that's all the better. Each member of the band has been playing music in bands for well over 20 years. We've all done the "please the crowd" thing. Now we're doing the "please ourselves" thing.
So far, from every forum that I've posted to, yours is the only negative response we've gotten. But that's ok. We're not above criticism. Criticism can be a good thing.

Posted : 29/12/2004 10:19 pm
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

We're not out to write commercial music in order to make money. We're writing from the heart and soul of each member as a collective. Our goal is to satisfy our tastes first, and if others enjoy it, that's all the better. Each member of the band has been playing music in bands for well over 20 years. We've all done the "please the crowd" thing. Now we're doing the "please ourselves" thing.

Watch out man. That's starting to sound like some sorta Rock 'n' Roll mentality. What is it with you people and integrity anyway? :wink:

Posted : 29/12/2004 11:22 pm
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member

Personnaly I thought blue was great. Reminded me of the ol' prog rock bands. :D

Posted : 30/12/2004 1:13 am
Page 1 / 2