Notifications
Clear all

Newbie music

22 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@tliedel)
Topic starter

We're not out to write commercial music in order to make money. We're writing from the heart and soul of each member as a collective. Our goal is to satisfy our tastes first, and if others enjoy it, that's all the better. Each member of the band has been playing music in bands for well over 20 years. We've all done the "please the crowd" thing. Now we're doing the "please ourselves" thing.

Watch out man. That's starting to sound like some sorta Rock 'n' Roll mentality. What is it with you people and integrity anyway? :wink:

Nah, not Rock and Roll mentality. Just age and experience. I've spent my entire musical life playing for other people. Now its my turn to play for me. I couldn't be happier with the music I'm producing. And I'm working with a great bunch of musicians with the same attitude. There's a couple of lessons I've learned over all these years. One is that if I'm not happy with what I'm doing then I can't expect anyone else to be happy with it. And the second most important lesson is that you can't please everyone.

Posted : 30/12/2004 10:32 am
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Well where I grew up Rock 'n' Roll meant pleasing yourself first and being satisfied with what you were doing and not giving in to the confines of public standards. At any rate, I always frelt that music should have that sort of integrity regardless of style.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

Posted : 30/12/2004 6:13 pm
(@tliedel)
Topic starter

Well where I grew up Rock 'n' Roll meant pleasing yourself first and being satisfied with what you were doing and not giving in to the confines of public standards. At any rate, I always frelt that music should have that sort of integrity regardless of style.

Amen to that!

Posted : 30/12/2004 6:23 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Terry,

Definitely have to respect what your doing,if it makes you happy then do it.

Like Ricky Nelson said you can't please everybody so you got to please yourself.

Wondering though if you really are doing this just for you why post and ask for comments? It shouldn't matter right? Unless your looking for comments on the recording process itself.

The songs I listened too sounded fine, from a musicianship point of view. Not really my kind of music and to be honest and I didn't like the vocals. Not that the vocals are bad just not my cup of tea.

But what do I know, absolutely nothing so it doesn't really matter, just go and have fun with it.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 31/12/2004 5:11 pm
(@tliedel)
Topic starter

Wondering though if you really are doing this just for you why post and ask for comments? It shouldn't matter right?

Sorry. I thought this was a music forum.

Later.

Posted : 31/12/2004 11:49 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Terry,

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to come out like that. Your right I apologize this is a music forum and you should feel free to post any music you like.

It was stupid of me to try and guess your motives whatever they are it's none of my business.

I actually like the music, just wasn't as keen on the vocals.

Chris

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 03/01/2005 6:28 pm
(@oktay)
Reputable Member

Where the music at?

Posted : 11/01/2005 6:26 pm
Page 2 / 2