Clear all

Our first video

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

A friend of mine who is an amateur film maker came by our practice one night and filmed us playing. He put together a video for one of our songs using his footage and scenes from the original Night of the Living Dead (which the song is based on).

I'm the one in the Fender t-shirt playing bass...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO9V8cT8jqo (be patient, the music starts about 1:20 in)

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 04/06/2009 2:16 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Cool video!

Are you playing with a plectrum?

Posted : 04/06/2009 3:41 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Cool vid..was that shot at your practice place? Looks like you guys have a lot of room there.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 04/06/2009 3:44 pm
 etm
(@etm)
Estimable Member
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Cool video!

Are you playing with a plectrum?

Thanks! Yep, I play some of our songs w/ a pick, some finger style. I'm trying to get that one down finger style because I think it would sound better, but I just haven't gotten it down yet. I just switched to bass about 6 months ago.
was that shot at your practice place? Looks like you guys have a lot of room there.

Yep, we have the coolest practice space. The guy we rent from built it in an old industrial garage. He's got the full setup, monitors, side fills, lights, etc. He's a super cool guy and does our sound check every week and then goes off and does his own thing.

Posted : 04/06/2009 3:56 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

That is a really nice practice space I'd love to have one that big. My wife used to rent one back in the 90's but that was small compared to what you have there. We practice in my basement and although we aren't crowded we don't have as much room as I'd like and of course it pretty much annoys the wife every Friday night for 3 hours or so.

But the video and song were good nice groove on the song, I assume that was an original.

Let me know when it shows up on MTV!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 04/06/2009 4:17 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

But the video and song were good nice groove on the song, I assume that was an original.

Yep, it's the only song we've written as an entire band. Everything else was written by one of us and brought to the group pretty much complete. The story behind the song is pretty funny because our singer had an idea for years about having an instrumental (he was going to play guitar originally) with just the words "They're coming to get you, Barbara." He was talking about it in practice one night, so we started messing around and I started playing that bass line (well, very close to what's there now, I have removed 1 note from the original) and everyone just fell right in. Our singer started making up lyrics on the spot, over half of them are still in the song.

Does MTV still play music videos? :D

Posted : 04/06/2009 7:57 pm