Clear all

Over 'n' Over

12 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@geebubba)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I've been listening to some of the submissions. There's some cool stuff in here, it's fun to listen to.

So, I thought I'd submit a tune for your approval. I wrote this a while back, and recorded it w/ some guys I was in a band with at the time.

Thanks for listening and commenting.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=630021

"He makes want to remove the neck from my strat and use it for kindling to get the body burnin' good."

Posted : 01/01/2007 5:45 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Cool tune, I like it. :D I don't have much to comment on the actual music. The mix could be better but it sounds like it wasn't recorded in a studio so everything I can see is pretty obvious. Good stuff, you got some more?

Posted : 01/01/2007 5:50 pm
(@geebubba)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks, yeah it was recorded in a basement with a hard drive eight track. We just were looking to get the song put onto some sort of media for keepsake purposes. Theres more to come.

"He makes want to remove the neck from my strat and use it for kindling to get the body burnin' good."

Posted : 01/01/2007 6:02 pm
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

The opening guitars - were they double-tracked or was a harmonizer used?

Cool stuff

Posted : 01/01/2007 6:32 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Very cool! 8)

This song really rocks! :D

Are you doing all the guitar parts?

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 01/01/2007 10:07 pm
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Ugh. Totally reminds me of the eighties. Now, not to say that it was bad. I just hate the eighties. The bass is great. I thouroughly enjoyed the bass. The song did not turn my crank. There's too much effect on the vox for my taste. With a bit of tweaking this could sound great. It sounds like the recording was very well done. The guitar tones didn't really hit the mark for me. The solo was great and that whole break section is awesome. You should let your natural vox show through more. You sound a lot like Ian Gillan. That's a complement. I definitely think you could belt it out better than what you did. That is, it sounds like you were holding back a bit. Recording at home makes it tough I know. You don't want to piss of the neighbors or the family. Over all, it sounds pretty good. Just the mix needs tweaking.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

Posted : 01/01/2007 10:25 pm
(@geebubba)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

thanks all for listening.

Demo: The guitar parts were all dubbed over. We started by recording the rhthym section (guitar,bass drums) then lyed the inro lick and harmonys on top, the leads followed, and finally the vocals. I used a les paul w/ a digitech proccesor on one lead, then plugged a strat into marshall for the other guitar. I was looking for a dual guitar feel, as opposed to one guitar sort of mirroring a another.

Dan: Yeah I played all the guitar on that, we spent alot of time arranging that tune in the basement. It sort of bloomed when we began tring to record it.

Hueseph: Yeah it might sound sort of eighties, all of us are thirtysomethings so there may be some 80's influence there. I remember not caring for the the post recording tones I was hearing as compared to my live amp sound, I diddnt think it was a consistent replification.

Im not singing that particular tune, but Im sure andy would be flattered w/ the comparison to Ian Gillian. Yes, listening to all music through headphones and singing live with the wife and kids upstairs can be sort of intimidating.

Again, we werent looking for perfection as far as the recording just something we could have , we spent a lot of time on that thing.

Posted : 02/01/2007 3:04 am
(@smokehouse)
Honorable Member

whole structure is there but must agree with other comments...moves along nicely ..smoke

:WHO INVENTED WORK SHOULD COME BACK AND FINISH THE JOB OFF: http://www.soundclick.com/bartin

Posted : 02/01/2007 6:56 am
(@geebubba)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

10-4

Posted : 02/01/2007 5:06 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

First thing I thought of was early Kiss. I enjoyed it. I agree that the bass really sounded good as did the guitar playing.

Great song! 8)

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

Posted : 02/01/2007 7:56 pm
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Hmmm. I like it, most of it. I liked the chugging guitar sound, bass was good, and the arrangement was pretty good. There were some issues with the recording quality, but that was discussed earlier. I didn't really like the vocals though - sorry. The singer voice reminded me of the worst from the hair band era. It really didn't "fit" the song. The music sounded, to me, like it could have been influenced by a mix of punk and 80s metal. Perhaps a singer with a "darker" voice would have been a better fit. Anyone know if Dio is available? :)

Posted : 02/01/2007 8:21 pm
(@geebubba)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Very intuative CFB, When I initially wrote the song i was going for a raspy, deep throat sort of feel during the verses. I was going for a nirvana,foo fighters style believe it or not. As the rest of the guys got their paws on it, it sort evolved into what you heard here.

The sessions went on for some time, I had written multiple leads, and tried lots of different vocal melodies. In fact, the dude who was helping us record it moved to california before we could finish it. He picked the lead tracks he liked, and put his own vocal on it in order to finish it.

Posted : 03/01/2007 2:55 am