Clear all

Piece for Guitar and Orchestra

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@adrianallan)
Topic starter

Hi

See what You think of this piece that I wrote (and play) for guitar and (virtual) orchestra.

The Youtube video of me playing it is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMd9EMfLXE#GU5U2spHI_4

and for better audio quality, you can get the MP3 here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ngcwrjo7mqv

Please give your thoughts and suggestions

Best wishes

Adrian

Posted : 29/05/2008 9:15 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Wow!
Thank you for sharing that. That was beautiful.

That has got to be the best first post introduction I have seen (or heard) on this forum.
Did I say Wow?

Please keep us updated on any more of your arrangements.
What exactly is virtual orchestra? Was the string accompaniment already recorded?
What countryside was that video?
(Did the birds sign a release form?)

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 29/05/2008 9:40 pm
(@adrianallan)
Topic starter

thanks for your kind comments

The "virtual orchestra" is East West Gold edition, and these sounds are triggered by my midi arrangement. It takes a long time to do, and I'm honestly only a beginner at virtual sounds - but google East West soundsonline for more info.

The shots are mainly of the River Mersey near Warrington - I take film and save it for when it seems appropraiate to accompany my music . The shots of the stones were from the stone circle at avebury - the question is - were some of these stones chosen thousands of years ago because they looked like a face ? - as you can see on my video.

Thanks again for watching, and I hope to end up on some people's MP3 players if I'm lucky !

Posted : 29/05/2008 9:56 pm
(@adrianallan)
Topic starter

sorry, I forgot this was a US-based site:

Warrington is a large town in the north of the UK, mid-way between Manchester and Liverpool, and the Mersey is the river that connects Manchester,Warrington and Liverpool.

And Avebury is a 5,000 year old stone monument, of upright massive stones, probably used to worship the sun or the stars in the south of England.

And just to explain further about virtual sounds, all the sounds on the piece are high quality recording of actual instruments, (not synths), that are triggered by a midi file that I prepared. East West Gold sits on the top of a program like cubase, and a midi track on cubase will trigger these sounds - the trick is to play around with all the settings of the virtual sounds until they sound convincing.

Posted : 29/05/2008 10:15 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Very impressive Adrian! 8) The shots of the countryside are a nice touch as well.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 30/05/2008 10:45 am
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

That's a great introduction! I think you could add some variety by change the instrumentation a bit more as the track progresses but it;s very nice as is. :D And yeah, RWOG is great, which I could afford it. Using the much cheaper Garritan Personal orchestra myself, which is great but not as great as what you have at your disposal. 8)

Posted : 30/05/2008 1:38 pm
(@simonsays)
Estimable Member

Adrian, that was a fantastic composition. Thanks for posting it.

Love that virtual orchestra (I would need a version that played virtual lead guitar too.....)

Cheers,
Simon

There are too many songs that have an 'F' chord in them.

Posted : 30/05/2008 4:06 pm
(@adrianallan)
Topic starter

Thanks to everyone who listened.

And I'd be more than flattered if I ended up on your MP3 !

Posted : 30/05/2008 6:01 pm