Clear all

Polly

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I did another one this time on the acoustic which I haven't touched longer than...............we won't go there. I've also promised myself I won't mention any classic rock guitarists in this post just to boost the number of hits on the search engine. Doing these recordings has been helping me learn things like to lift my fingers when changing chords, not to mute the last strum before the chord change and what my secret mission is from the agency.............oops, wrong recording.

http://owa.dmusic.com/

If you hear "this message will self destruct" you've clicked the wrong one. And remember, the Jimi Hendrix covers are electrified. Darn it, almost made it to the end of the post.

No, I have no idea where that came from but they say there is nothing worse than a well adjustment rock musician and I'm as far away from that as they come.

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

Posted : 26/05/2008 8:25 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Very cool playing

I enjoyed this one greatly , your continued improvement is truly a joy to listen to

The timing was very good in my opinion

I love the the sound of your fingers sliding on the strings and I don't care what anyone says about that , to me it really adds heaps to the music ..

Well done

I am very impressed

Trev...:)

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 27/05/2008 8:28 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

i agree, you have truly come a long way.
i too like the sound of the fingers on the strings a bit, as long as it isn't too much.
good rhythm, and clean chord changing as well.

#4491....

Posted : 27/05/2008 11:20 am
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Thanks for your feedback. I guess I won't worry so much about the strings being zippy.

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

Posted : 27/05/2008 9:20 pm
(@spides)
Estimable Member

Ah grungey. Your probs my fave on here.Just coz ya diff'rent.

really good job. the only suggestion i can think of is just letting some of the chords ring out a little longer, but you made all the changes and followed the tune really well. And kept pretty good time. One of my students at the moment can't play with a metronome, and when we're working on his reading, i end up with a metronome in one ear doing time, him in the other ear doing his own time, and if its a duet, I'm trying to read and keep time myself and it all sometimes ends in a mess. good job, good song, keep postin those craaaazy posts.

Don't sweat it dude, just play!

Posted : 27/05/2008 10:07 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Thanks for your feedback. I guess I won't worry so much about the strings being zippy.
If the sound doesn't bother you , then don't try and change anything in my humble opinion , like I said
"I like the finger on string sliding sound "

Keep it real

Trev..

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 28/05/2008 6:20 am
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Ah grungey. Your probs my fave on here.Just coz ya diff'rent.

really good job. the only suggestion i can think of is just letting some of the chords ring out a little longer, but you made all the changes and followed the tune really well. And kept pretty good time. One of my students at the moment can't play with a metronome, and when we're working on his reading, i end up with a metronome in one ear doing time, him in the other ear doing his own time, and if its a duet, I'm trying to read and keep time myself and it all sometimes ends in a mess. good job, good song, keep postin those craaaazy posts.

My teacher always said to play with a metronome, I never could get the hang of it. I find drums a lot easier. Even I'm not following the drums exactly, I'm always making the same beats important so it helps me keep time better.

Posted : 28/05/2008 7:05 am
(@spides)
Estimable Member

yeah I'm def abs feelin that. I hate metronomes, I can use them but i prefer a band. Its so much more organic playing with people than an annoying click.

Metronomes are good for teaching you how to listen though. A skill a lot of people take for granted and don't put much work into. You may be an amazing technician or "mechanic" as i like to call them, but if you can't listen to the other people you're playing with and react to what theyre doing, you aint no musician.

It's like having a conversation with somebody who only wants to talk about themself.

Don't sweat it dude, just play!

Posted : 28/05/2008 7:08 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Nice job. Keep working on the acoustic too. You'll be surprised how much better it'll make your playing on the electric sound.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 28/05/2008 10:56 am