Notifications
Clear all

Postings by a new member!

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@tytlblues)
Topic starter

I introduced myself in the other section, and thought I would post a few of my recent recordings. One is a smooth jazz type song, and the other is a gospel style blues. Thanks for listening, and any constructive critiques or feedback is welcome. :D

Smooth Jazz:
http://www.box.com/s/5a595d0affc210b374da

Gospel Style blues:
http://www.box.com/s/b7bcb42c6a82a414725d

Tytlblues

Posted : 02/04/2012 3:19 pm
(@rocket-dog)
Reputable Member

Hi tytlblues

I really like the blues piece. Some nice phrasing there.

Posted : 04/04/2012 6:41 am
(@stephenbutler)
Eminent Member

I listened to both last night at work Nice recording, and nice playing! Great stuff!

Posted : 04/04/2012 1:10 pm
(@tytlblues)
Topic starter

Hey thanks guys for the nice comments! Appreciate it very much!

Tytlblues

Posted : 04/04/2012 3:10 pm
(@stephenbutler)
Eminent Member

Since this is a lesson/learning-oriented site, care to walk us through the blues changes and substitutions you used? Maybe standard for some, but not me. I can barely make it to the turnaround on a basic blues progression (well, I exaggerate a little, but still...)

Posted : 04/04/2012 5:06 pm
(@tytlblues)
Topic starter

Hey thanks, I am away from home for a few days, but I can post the chord changes when I get home. I am no expert either , by any means, just a home bedroom player. Just to be clear that was a commercial backing track, so I had no input on the background music.

As far as the lead playing, it is a BB King style BT in B flat. Mostly I am just using the B flat minor and B flat major pent/blues scale. Mostly working in the first box shape, jumping between the major and minor scale. Then I used the third position, what is commonly called the "BB box" and once again through bending mix and using the minor and major scale.

Not sure what else I can tell you, and hope it helps!!

Tytl

Tytlblues

Posted : 05/04/2012 3:40 am