Riders On The Storm...

Notifications
Clear all

Riders On The Storm: Easy Song Database Version

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Well after watching LittleBrother's video on The Doors' Riders ON The Storm I decided to break out my acoustic that I haven't touched in 3 months. The strings could use a good changing as well. Plus I wanted to test out my new mic and practice recording acoustic. Let me know if I should change where to put the mic, etc. I made a few mistakes but this was just a deversion from practice! :lol:

Riders On The Storm Acoustic Easy Song Database Version

Posted : 24/01/2006 12:22 am
(@luvgilmour)
Estimable Member

the mic sounds appropriately placed for my simple ears... Strings sound good too... BTW, which lesson were you referring to?

I'll only be down there (in the basement practicing) for a couple of minutes or so...
My SoundClick Page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=470725

Posted : 24/01/2006 1:12 am
(@Anonymous)

the mic sounds appropriately placed for my simple ears... Strings sound good too... BTW, which lesson were you referring to?

Here is the Link to the thread in the forum. The actual lesson is by David Hodge but LittleBrother did a video to compliment the lesson.

Posted : 24/01/2006 1:20 am
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Mike, sounds pretty good to me. Did you do any noise reduction or any similar things to the recording?

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

Posted : 25/01/2006 6:29 pm
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Mike what is your acoustic? The playing is great! I'd like a little more treble in it. Where have you got it positioned in this recording?

Edit. Sorry, That is probably just your strings. That's what I get for speed reading :oops:

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

Posted : 05/02/2006 11:02 pm
(@Anonymous)

Mike, sounds pretty good to me. Did you do any noise reduction or any similar things to the recording?

Jason

Sorry for the late replies...No I didn't do any noise reduction. I only messed with the EQ a bit during recording.
Mike what is your acoustic? The playing is great! I'd like a little more treble in it. Where have you got it positioned in this recording?

Edit. Sorry, That is probably just your strings. That's what I get for speed reading Embarassed

I am using a Fender San Luis Rey. I have the mic at the 12th fret...As for the treble I wanted less of it. This song is a dark song to me and I wanted less "spring" in the high notes.

Thanks for the compliments and imput!

Posted : 05/02/2006 11:22 pm