Clear all

Rock that electric church

8 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

So I was thinking about Jimi. Hope he don't mind me nicking his religion.

Rock That Electric Church

Posted : 12/02/2007 8:23 pm
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

What a great guitar sound/solo!

I love the mix too. :)

Posted : 12/02/2007 8:33 pm
(@tucker97325)
Trusted Member

Excellent!!! :D

It ain't what you play man, its how you play it.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=401901

Posted : 12/02/2007 8:59 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Wow! I absolutely love this, right up my street - it's going straight on my MP3 player :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 12/02/2007 9:22 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Very cool, mate.....

Someone mentioned a couple of weeks back your music would fit nicely into the world of movie soundtracks - I could really see this one being a big production number!

Great guitar sound......I wouldn't have said it was particularly Hendrix-ish though, but then again I'm not a big fan - when I think Jimi, I think wah-wah.....but yes, I like the guitar......

BTW, we're currently "next door" to each other on the acoustic charts on Soundclick....."Sounds Like Thunder" is #125, "Angel On The Corner" is #124.....nice for me to be in such classy company.....

Keep 'em coming - we'll keep listening, and enjoying.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 12/02/2007 10:33 pm
(@rocker)
Noble Member

THAT WAS COOL!!!!!!!! imo your best work yet, way to go, great sound 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

Posted : 12/02/2007 11:53 pm
(@dneck)
Prominent Member

This is really sweet, your a surprising musician and able to very successfully cross boundries and excell at many different styles, all the time with a compositional undertone. really like this as well as most every other thing you put on here.

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

Posted : 13/02/2007 2:50 am
(@nexion)
Honorable Member

Nothing against you or the music but I'm not into the organ/choir/churchy sound, so I would have liked to have seen the guitar a little higher in the mix at the beginning.

But once the church sound lulled and the guitar took over I was definitely getting into it.

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

Posted : 13/02/2007 3:56 am