Clear all

Short improv with my new amp

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@elpantalla)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I recently purchased a vox pathfinder 15.

Incredible amp. For a solid state, it gets you some really beautiful clean tones.

People say the tremolo is cheesy, but I love 'er.

http://www.box.net/shared/k1tzyrk4sh

Short little improv I wrote like an hour ago.

One chord is fine.
Two you're pushing it.
Three and you're into jazz.

Posted : 15/09/2007 9:53 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hey elpantalla, that sounds really nice! 8)

Funny, I've been thinking about getting the Vox Pathfinder 15 myself for the past few weeks or so, but I've never heard one until now. Sounds pretty sweet. The tremelo is cool, and if I'm not mistaken, it also has spring reverb? Don't think I'll be getting that Vox AC30 that I've been gassing for forever all too soon, so I think I'll join your Pathfinder club! :D

Good job on the improv too! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 16/09/2007 2:39 am
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

sounds great. I don't think the tremelo is cheesy. Sounds a little RHCP-ish to me. Very relaxing sound.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 16/09/2007 7:03 pm
(@elpantalla)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Hey elpantalla, that sounds really nice! 8)

Funny, I've been thinking about getting the Vox Pathfinder 15 myself for the past few weeks or so, but I've never heard one until now. Sounds pretty sweet. The tremelo is cool, and if I'm not mistaken, it also has spring reverb? Don't think I'll be getting that Vox AC30 that I've been gassing for forever all too soon, so I think I'll join your Pathfinder club! :D

Good job on the improv too! 8)

Dan

Yeah man, it does have spring verb. The pathfinder has such a beautiful clean tone. Awesome amp. I am very happy with 'er. The distortion could be a better though. It sounds really good if you turn the gain up just enough so that if you play hard, you get a little hint of crunch.

I have heard that they do have some reliability problems though, but mine is perfectly fine. Seems pretty tough to me.

My opinion: Get one..now!

One chord is fine.
Two you're pushing it.
Three and you're into jazz.

Posted : 16/09/2007 9:05 pm