Clear all

Simple Man (cover)

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@timezone)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Spent some time mucking around recording this afternoon, and thought I'd share. This is one of my first real attempts at doing any multitracking (trying to learn to use ardour). It's not the full song though, only about half of it. Played the first track (the one that starts at the beginning and repeats the whole way to the end) first, playing to a click track. Then turned off the click track and laid down the second track (that comes in 8 measures in), and then added the third track (which is just the rhythm underneath the solo). No solo here, but if anyone wants to play something over it, go right ahead. I ought to do this more often, it's suprisingly difficult to play a second track along with a playback... I was kind of off at the start, but I think I warmed up ok a little bit in. Posted on my dmusic account (only thing there at the moment).

TZ

Posted : 15/10/2006 5:10 pm
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Maybe you have a "latency" problem - i.e. that your sound card has difficulties when playing and recording at the same time. Sounded a bit like the second track was slightly behind the first - could have been the player and not the hw. tho' ;)

and your guitar is out of tune... but the playing is decent overall

Keep on playing and posting!

LaRS

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

Posted : 15/10/2006 6:20 pm
(@timezone)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Yeah, the, uh, software, that's it. ;) No, it's definitely the wetware (me), not the hw or sw. It was just a little touch and go for the first 60s or so, before I got a better synchronization going.

Out of tune... Well... I did tune before playing. You may be hearing the fact that the action's a little high on a couple strings, and they end up going a little bit sharp when I fret them, more of a problem on the lower frets (which of course this is). That or I'm pushing on the darn things too hard, which is also possible.

TZ

Posted : 16/10/2006 12:05 am