some sounds (acoustic)

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 tree
(@tree)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hey, I just finished up a tough week at school so I decided to relax a bit today and try to put together some short sound vignettes. I can't really call them songs as they don't really have a clear driving purpose and as a result tend to flounder around. I have never really written any songs at all... so I'm trying to do this as a process in learning that ability.
My work style was to record a simple track (either some rhythm or simple chords)... and then keep layering on additional simple tracks. Everything was on the fly so the sound just kinda evolved as I layered on track after track.
A few of the things I recorded can be found at:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=660237

Comments, suggestions, or anything would be great,
Thanks,
--tree

so many places that are hard to see
so many places that aren't
so many places we want to be
so many times we are not

Posted : 17/03/2007 4:13 am
(@nexion)
Honorable Member

I really liked them all, but especially sound #3.

By the way music doesn't have to have any meaningful purpose, those are definitely songs!

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

Posted : 19/03/2007 7:35 pm
 tree
(@tree)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Haha, thanks for the comments.
I hope in a week or two to put a few more onto the soundclick page. Right now I'm working on a short little (like 30 seconds) song with some words. So hopefully that will be up relatively soon.

so many times we are not

Posted : 21/03/2007 3:47 pm
 tree
(@tree)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Well I got a usb cable to hook up my multitrack recorder to my computer, so now I can transfer songs over really easily.
Anyways, here's my little work in progress: ( if you can, listen to it in the higher quality... it sounds a lot different on the lower quality setting).

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=660237&songID=5143633

lyrics so far:

I got a strange feeling the words coming from your head
form a painting of yellow blue and red
I meant to ask you, but I get caught up in your sight
what's a girl like you doing on such a charcoal night?

One thing I really don't like about this song so far is how the very first line runs through so fast... if possible I'd like to give it a nicer cadence, though I'm having trouble figuring out a good way to do that.
Any suggestions would be great,
Thanks

so many times we are not

Posted : 22/03/2007 4:45 am
(@smokehouse)
Honorable Member

there is a future ....nice smoke

:WHO INVENTED WORK SHOULD COME BACK AND FINISH THE JOB OFF: http://www.soundclick.com/bartin

Posted : 22/03/2007 8:41 am