Something New

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member
Topic starter

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=551690

First song I've every really put together myself. I had help from my friend an band co-founder Marcus, and from the Songwriting forum. I appologise for the fact im still recording out of a usb microphone with no windscreen. I just put in a new Soundblaster Audigy Soundcard so i have something to work with instead of the integrated one that came with my dell. Now I need to raise the funds for the rest of the recording equipment. Anyways, Hope you all like it. Criticism and comments are encouraged.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

Posted : 26/02/2007 6:37 pm
(@smokehouse)
Honorable Member

yeh, this is good just get that vocal in my face more...and your are hitting mic stand or something ..sort of a thumping coming out this end, smoke

:WHO INVENTED WORK SHOULD COME BACK AND FINISH THE JOB OFF: http://www.soundclick.com/bartin

Posted : 27/02/2007 7:25 am
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Nice playing and singing, duffmaster. Good timing to both. As mentioned, the production is nothing to write home about. :wink:
There's an odd stretch starting at about 2:10. You stop singing and are just chording. Is a solo or some sort of counter melody supposed to go there? Right now, it's like an extended outro, so when you start singing again it kind of throws me.

Don

Posted : 27/02/2007 6:20 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

and your are hitting mic stand or something ..sort of a thumping coming out this end

That's because he doesn't have a pop filter yet. You can here it happen on every word that starts with "P", and others here and there. This is also why I think he backed off on the vocals.

Duff, I think the little problems will work themselves out when you get a proper set up.

This song is really worth pursuing. Good job!

Posted : 27/02/2007 8:46 pm