Clear all

Song Snippets

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Just for the heck of it I thought I'd post a snippet of a song we came up with last night at my weekly jam session. This is just a rough part of it but I think its got a cool sound and will be cool once we finish it. It's really simple (just two chords), but I like it. :)

I think it's funny how things like this come about too. We were just messing around, I started strumming the rhythm part, one buddy starts in as well, then the third came in with the lead. Everyone thought it sounded cool so we recorded it real quick. Just like that we have a start of a song.

Snippet

EDIT: 12/22/06

And now for something completely different ... :)

I've been messing around with my Boss Metal Zone pedal and recorded this yesterday. A little muddy due to my pickups, but the pedal kicks butt! Thought I'd post it up real quick since this is a snippet thread. :)

Metal Riff

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

Posted : 21/12/2006 3:19 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Hey, you got a start on something good there, IMO. 8)

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 21/12/2006 7:13 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Thanks Margaret! :)

It's very rough and obviously incomplete, but yeah I think we can turn it into something cool. I think the main reason I was happy about this is that we have a tendency to noodle around (which is fun) but we haven't really headed down a path and seen it to its end. Ya know? So I'm going to keep us focused on at least finishing this simple little ditty. I guess I'm hoping we can do it because I have several parts of songs myself and maybe my jam buddies can help me complete them.

Jason

Posted : 21/12/2006 7:58 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

You guys play really well with each other! Lots of space for the next player coming in. Nice and airy overall.
It reminds me (not melodically but groove wise) of Walk on the Wild Side.
Looking forward to version 2 :wink:

Don

Posted : 21/12/2006 8:15 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Thanks boxboy!

I'll be sure to post the final result (if we ever actually finish it). :)

Jason

Posted : 21/12/2006 8:47 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Sounds like you've got the start of a good song going there Jason.

Keep working at it. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 22/12/2006 11:29 am
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Thanks Dan!

What do you guys think of the tone of the metal riff that I just added? Anyone else have a MT-2 and could share their favorite settings?

Jason

Posted : 22/12/2006 5:43 pm