Clear all

Steve Vai - For the Love of God cover

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@da-kog)
Topic starter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF5uFNMYaPU

Solo guitar was recorded direct into Pro Tools LE 002 via J48 active direct box using a Pod as reference for the distorted guitar tone to be re-recorded later.

At the same time, video was recorded using a Sony DCR-SR42 camera.

Computer recorded direct tracks were then taken to another studio and reamplified (Reamp) through 4 different amps (modded Marshall, Dual Rectifier, Boogie Combo, and Line 6 Bogner). 5 different mics were used on the speaker cabinet and the live room. Dude, it was so loud you would';t believe it... ! :) About 40 recorded guitar tracks in the end making up the main 5 mono tracks mixed in stereo.

Final tracks were then taken back to home studio and mixed in Pro Tools. Video was edited using Final Cut Express.

I was motivated to do this by an email I got from my brother some time back who I haven't seen in way too many years. Love ya and miss ya Phil.

Please bare with YouTube's compression maybe I will post this somewhere else with the better quality audio.

If anyone knows the secret magic trick to getting the audio compression right with YouTube's encoder - please tell me! :) - the audio track on this sounds great with realistic compression not so now with what YouTube is doing during the upload. I tried a million ways...

Hope you enjoy!

Posted : 03/12/2008 1:35 am