Skip to content
The best of GN (yea...

Notifications
Clear all

The best of GN (yeah, talking to YOU!) UPLOADED!

124 Posts
27 Users
0 Likes
68.7 K Views
(@davidhodge)

Glad to hear you had a good vacation, Arjen.

And ditto to what Greg says about the "liner notes" concerning writing and musicians. Just say the word and I'll get that all off to you.

Peace

Posted : 26/07/2007 4:08 pm
(@beans7178)
Reputable Member

you can download from myspace if th artist lets you

ill make sure that download is enabled and u can try again

chec out my music
http://www.myspace.com/spencerbeasleymusic
pm if u like it or send me a message on myspace

Posted : 26/07/2007 8:55 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Hey Arjen

Good to see you're back. I've uploaded, or at least I've tried to upload, a live recording of Saturn's Moons to my soundclick page. It usually takes some time and often, with my Internet connection anyway, doesn't make it the first time through. So please PM me or post here if it's not downloading.

And, again, feel free to take something else if that's your fancy.

How was your holiday?

Peace

David, I'm listening to "Saturn's Moons" Live now. Very cool 8) " no one thinks more than he feels, no one feels more than he thinks". Very nice :D

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 29/07/2007 1:13 am
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

David, I'm listening to "Saturn's Moons" Live now. Very cool 8) " no one thinks more than he feels, no one feels more than he thinks". Very nice :D

Yeah, love that line too. And the spoken phrasing is perfect.

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 29/07/2007 2:50 am
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Just letting you done I've got a first version almost done. Will upload it within two days, ASAP in any case. After that I'll upload it someplace so you can listen to if I didn't do unspeakable things to your music or placed it in the wrong place or whatever. :D

Posted : 25/08/2007 7:27 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Okay, first version done. It's uncut, will cut it when people dont have major issues with it. It's archived because I've got a 100mb upload limit. So now it's a ZIP-file, windows users can just double-click it, other systems might need a freeware unzipper. You might have to wait in line for 2-3 minutes to download but download speeds are very fast. For those on low-speed connections I'm not too sure what to do, let yourself be heard and maybe we can figure something out.

Anyway, please download this and listen to it, and let me know if you'd like to see anything changed.

http://rapidshare.com/files/54877758/Best_of_GN.zip

Posted : 11/09/2007 8:05 am
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

It sounds great to me. :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 11/09/2007 12:08 pm
(@davidhodge)

Just listening to the first cut now (have I mentioned how much I love having a real computer with real Internet access lately?) and it sounds wonderful, Arjen. Can't thank you enough for this.

Is there any chance of getting a list of songs, performers, etc., at some point? Or is it already in there and I haven't figured out how to access it yet?

Thanks again for a lot of future listening enjoyment.

Peace

Posted : 11/09/2007 1:18 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

If I don't get any complaints from the rest of the people involved I'll cut it into individual tracks and adding the MP3-tags to it. I'll be needing as much info as I can for it from everyone (who performed on it, who wrote it, what's your personal site, full title, album title if it was taken from one etc). Feel free to PM me with as much info as you want to give.

Right now it isn't in there because if anything needs to change I need to re-cut and re-add the tags which is a bit of a hassle if I have to do it a few times in a row. :oops:

And thank you for your contributions, sounds wonderfull!

Posted : 11/09/2007 1:25 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Arjen

Sounds Great to me. 8)

I'll PM you the Song credits

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 11/09/2007 10:43 pm
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Great stuff! I didn't make the final cut, but maybe I'll have something worthy of volume 2.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

Posted : 12/09/2007 4:27 am
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Works for me, Arjen. I've PM'ed you credits for One by One and What's That?. Thanks!

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 12/09/2007 5:02 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Listening to it right now. Sounds great. Arjen, can't thank you enough for putting this together. Once you get all of the credits together, I will volunteer to do a CD cover and back-cover in Photoshop so we can do this proper like. If you don't have all of the credits, maybe everyone on the album can PM me and I'll compile them myself. May help to write 2 sentences about yourself. If I get enough time, I can create an insert as well. Small pics would be great to include.

Thoughts?

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 12/09/2007 9:33 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thanks Blue, that'd be great! When I get all the info I'll put it in a document and send it your way. Much appreciated! 8)

Posted : 13/09/2007 7:58 pm
Page 5 / 9