Clear all

Two new songs!

10 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Home - and - you can be my laywer both on my new soundcloud - sure took me long enough to get one!

http://soundcloud.com/adam-hinchliffe

Would love to hear some opinions, I had quite a lot of help with these so this time I have more than just guitar and vocals - and some of the additional vocals - the harmonies on home I just found plain beautiful and I totally wasn't expecting them.

together we stand, divided we fall..........

Posted : 09/05/2012 7:26 am
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

Aw, Flea! You woke the dang baby up! I'll try to give it a proper listen later. I like the style from what I gathered in my soft perusal. It reminds me of lightspeed champions a little bit. That's not a bad thing.

Posted : 09/05/2012 12:07 pm
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

I like LSC, good band (though I lean more towards the first album than the second) and is it really a band? Or is it a one man operation, I'm not 100% sure.

Posted : 09/05/2012 1:25 pm
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

I don't know if I heard the second album. He's done shows with a band... for what its worth.

Posted : 09/05/2012 1:41 pm
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

I saw him live when he released his first album and yeah he had a band..... I just loved him when I saw him.

Anyway this isnt actually a topic dedicated to lighstpeed champion :D

Posted : 09/05/2012 5:52 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Couple of good songs there, Adam - they both sound instantly catchy and they're well put together, full of hooks and good lines. I like the way you back off the electric guitars then bring them in at the right moment - you've got a great ear for a catchy riff! - and the acoustic playing is excellent. I'm a bit surprised, I always thought lead was your forte - nice to see (or rather, hear!) that you can write songs too, and record them as well as you have done. Nice "indie" feel to them which I like.

I look forward to hearing more from you!

:-) :-) :-) :-)

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 10/05/2012 7:03 pm
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Hehe thanks, much appreciatied Vic.

A lot of people have said "No solos?" to me on this and sure if I wrote a song that needed solos I would put some in, I'm just trying to suit the song, in fact I began writing one that I thought - this song could have a killer solo in it and it really would work. Neither of these songs (and a lot of the songs I write) are ones which I feel call for lead breaks. I suppose next time I could try writing something in, but unless Ive had an idea for it I tend to just leave it.

The people who influenced my guitar playing are Hendrix, Blackmore, Page, Gilmour, Brian May etc... and their bands allowed them to play a lot of riffs and lead guitar etc and yeah as far as my playing I do that a lot.

However, when it came to writing songs my influences were different people - though sometimes they would do cool riffs and little solos it was more occasional rather than a big part of what they would do. People who I really like (and feel my writing is like) include Ben Lee, Evan Dando (of The Lemonheads), recently Frank Turner though I admit I haven't heard a lot of him but I just feel he is somewhere near what I like to write and play and Elliott Smith. So that is the deal with the lead playing stuff.

Posted : 10/05/2012 10:06 pm
(@snwbrdnegtrst)
Trusted Member

FWIW I would rather hear "Home" on the radio instead of the junk that is in the current rotation on my local stations! Very mellow sound, great for relaxing on my patio with a beer and some good friends!
More please!!!

All the world's a stage, but the play is poorly cast

Posted : 30/05/2012 2:56 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Good songs. I should get off my duff and do something origional.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 30/05/2012 2:20 pm
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

Good stuff, I like your voice and your style, I was really trying to listen in to it and not try to come up with improvements and I enjoyed it that way. well done. more solos!!!

Posted : 30/05/2012 5:45 pm