Waiting to fall (own song)

22 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Arjen,

Did you ever get around to rerecording it? I would like to hear it.

As for the soundcard issue, I was going through the same problem. I went out and bought the M-AUDIO MobliePre USB and it has done wonders. I use the Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO and I come out of that (output Left & Right) into stereo mic input on the Mobile pre and on the Mobile pre I can control both channel 1 and channel 2's output into Sonar 4. I think it has helped a lot distortion wise and I have even more control of the output.

I know I know, it's more expensive in Holland, but if you can get your hands on one I would buy it. Eliminates your soundcard completely if you don't want the overall out to go through your soundcard because it has a head phone jack as well.

I paid $120 for mine. IMO I think it would be better than spending that or possibly more on a soundcard.

Here's a link to MF if you want to check out all the features……

M-AUDIO Mobile Pre Audio Interface

Note: The newer ones don't look like that.

Posted : 05/08/2005 8:59 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Been trying to re-mixing it all in Kristal and was actually having amazing effects trying to get rid of the voice distortion but been running into some pretty amazing problems this very day. Imported tracks play at double speed, tracks get corrupted without any obvious cause, total chaos. Will probably try a new version somewhere next week. Thanks for your interest :D

Posted : 05/08/2005 9:11 pm
(@xxlostintranslationxx)
Eminent Member

yeah, i guess thats wut i mean (piano riff)

Posted : 07/08/2005 10:39 pm
(@elvisyo)
Eminent Member

Great song, I loved it!
I also love the choices of sounds you've made, very dark, gives the listener
the true feel of the song.
One thing that really got my attention was the piano.
Typically one will choose a really big and bright piano, but your choice of a
small, kind of an "old bar's piano", even if you didn't meant that, is one thing
that tells me that you're the type of producers I like.
Anyways, can't wait to hear it recorded well with live player.
Well done!

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Posted : 11/08/2005 5:58 pm
(@xxlostintranslationxx)
Eminent Member

hey hey
i think you gave me the tabs or something... yeah thats wut i wanted...thnks

Posted : 04/09/2005 11:27 pm
(@jaypbaker)
Eminent Member

I know my vocals ain't much and the recording isn't that smooth, but what the heck, ain't a potential top40 song anyway. This is what I wanted to write a song about, this is it.

That, Above All Else, Is What Matters...

Well Said. I Am The Same Way, I Have Never Written A Song For The Approval Of Others (Although It Is Cool When They Enjoy What I Did)

Nice Tune

just Trying To Get This Guitar To Compute...
----------------------------------------------------
http://www.rythym.net
My Music

Posted : 10/09/2005 3:34 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Arjen.. That is one of the best songs I have heard on here. I really like the tone, the lyrics, the message (even though I am a believer). I dont know.. It was one of those songs that really speak to you. You can hear when the person is coming from and his pain. I love emotional songs.

Great work

Vocals sounded decent quality on my laptop.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 10/09/2005 3:46 am
Page 2 / 2