Notifications
Clear all

4track -> Computer

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@xmagikalx)
Topic starter  

Hey I have a 4track that I have recorded on, I have part of the song on track1 and other on track2, when I playback the tape from my 4track it shows there is sound on both tracks but only plays track1, when I put the tape into my good stereo it plays both the tracks at the same time like it should.

In order to put it into my computer I plugged a music cord into the phones section of the stereo and plugg the other end into my computer, but this time when it plays onto my computer it only picks up track1, yet when playing out of its speakers it plays both track1 and track2. Any suggestions or other ways to get the contents onto my computer? Thanks a lot!

(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Check and see if one of the tracks is in input mode. Make sure that the tracks are set to monitor from tape. and that they are being sent to the stereo buss and not an alternate track. With my tascam porta studio, if you had the track set to bounce and had it panned it would send the signal to another track. A bit more detail as to what machine you are are using migtht help.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote