A Good Hardware Reverb Unit?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@matsuemon)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey guys,
I've been researching some hardware reverb units, and I'd like your opinion on this. I'm wanting a good hardware unit so that I can use it with both my computer and my multitrack recorder. I want just reverb, nothing else. I've heard some great things about a couple of the Yamaha units, like the Rev500, and of course various Lexicon units. I should mention that price is an option so I can't buy a $1000 unit or anything, but I'm willing to pay some decent cash for a good unit. Anyway, let me know which you've used or heard and would recommend. Thanks!

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Okay, people will laugh at me but screw that. Get the Behringer rev2496. It has really more settings then a Space Shuttle, some algorithms have up to 25+ paramaters to tweak, but the quality is great. Go try it out, you'll love it. The lower-end TCs and such are no match for this machine.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/aug04/articles/behringerrev2496.htm

ReplyQuote
(@matsuemon)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey! I read some detailed reviews of the Behringer unit you mentioned, and wow, it sounds like a great piece of equipment. I haven't heard any sound samples, but for the price, I'm thinking I gotta at least try it out before spending two or three times as much on another unit. And just so you know, other people said they'd compared it to some of the TC and Lexicon units and it blew them away, so maybe you're not so crazy =P

By the way, have you guys heard the Waves reverb plugins?? Oh my GOD!! Un...be...lievable!! Hands down the best computer plugin I've heard yet, and I currently have the Lexicon and Perfect Space reverbs that don't sound as good. Just figured I'd mention it. I might have to buy one when I can afford the $400 price tag, but it's worth it.

ReplyQuote