Notifications
Clear all

Computer Recording Problems Too

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@kungfufighting)
Topic starter  

I just recently purchased a V-Amp 2 hoping to hookup the output to my soundcard line-in. At first I tried to use my SBLive 5.1 Dolby Digital card but I didn't get any sound from the V-Amp 2. My motherboard (Biostar M7NCD Pro) has the nForce2 6.1 onboard sound so I tried hooking it up as well (making sure to disable the other card). Still no dice. I even tried to tap the input to the V-Amp to see if it was giving any feedback...nope. I then tried to us my Ampeg combo amp to send a line out into the line-in on the soundcard. 0 for 3. Now, here's where it gets weird. I have a small practice amp I use to take anywhere. I can plug my guitar into this amp, run a speaker line out to my soundcard and I can hear sound on the pc. WTF??? Then I ran my V-amp through the practice amp and then to my soundcard. While I can hear sound, it's not all that loud and starts to degrade with even a little gain. This has really been pissing me off because I know the soundcard should be able to handle the sound out of the V-amp alone or even from my Ampeg. Does anyone have any ideas I could try? I'm pretty stumped here. Thanks in advance.

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I'll say Hi and Welcome to GuitarNoise.

Are you connecting the Line outputs from the V-amp to the line inputs on the sound cars?

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@kungfufighting)
Topic starter  

Yes. I've tried both the Left and Right outputs to no avail. As I said I tried the outputs from my combo amp as well. The practice amp is the only thing I've been able to get any sound from the line-in of the soundcard. It's a little 12watt amp. Can't figure out what's wrong.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Take a look at the sound control panel.

Take a look at the slider for line in.

When you are recording, make sure you have the line in selected as source.

ReplyQuote
(@jalma)
Eminent Member

If you are using a PC with Windows, try this, go to control panel. click on sounds and audio devices or multimedial.look for audio device and click on that, You should find two to three different types of sound codecs, try each one at a time until you get proper sound. I use a usb interface and i had to do this to tell the computer what i was using. Hope this helps.P.S.if yours is a MAC, I know nothing about a MAC.

ReplyQuote
(@jalma)
Eminent Member

Another suggestion, go to control panel,go to multimedia or sound devices, click, sound and audio device properties, find audio devices line in volume, recording volume, click on volume, this should show you severa volume sliders, find the one for input turn it all the way up. I am assuming you are using windows 98 or Xp, the same system works in all windows editions, just looks different on each one.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Another thing, some programs (don't ask me which, I haven't found that out yet), set the line in to "mute". You need to load the volume control panel and remove the tick (click on the box) against line in mute.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote