Clear all

Garageband question

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 case
(@case)
Topic starter  

Currently i don t have an amplifier for my Electric guitar and i want to use Garage band for that job temporary.

I have connected my guitar though the line in and With Garage band open i have monitor on in the real instrument (guitar) settings.

Now the problem is that i can hear my guitar and try various amp models but i can hear also an ugly sound coming from the speakers or headphones.
No matter which amp model or effect i have, no matter the volume settings the sound is there all the time. My guitar has no problems and also i have received my guiatr from my local shop being fully setup. TO test if this was a garage band issue i have downloaded the Demo of Guitar rig 2 and the sound is not there. I can hear my guitar as i should.

Can yu tell me what am i doing wrong with garage band?

(@jimmybinder)
Trusted Member

it might be within your system preferences...make sure you don't accidentally have it set on 'microphone' instead of 'line in.' This used to happen to me, as I worked with a Mac.

Other than that, and this may sound silly but believe me it happens, make sure all your volume knobs are up, even the ones on your guitar. More often than not it's a problem more obvious than you realize.

ReplyQuote