Clear all

Good interface...

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@tuna-melt)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

...I'm looking for a high quality firewire audio interface for around $300. I've been calling up the local guitar etc. but all the guy keeps saying is "M-Audio... M-Audio" but judging by the reviews on musiciansfriend that it has gotten it doesn't seem very well worth it. So right now, I'm looking at either an Edirol FA-66 6X6 (although the guy at guitars etc. says it's about as cheap as roland) or a PreSonus firebox. It's going to be mainly for a one man project. I'll be doing vocals, guitars, and drum machine, maybe bass if I feel necassary. Don't need very many inputs. Just maybe some good built in mic preamps. Any suggestions? Any comments as to why/why not to buy? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(@hueseph)
Noble Member

The problem is your budget. $300 doesn't buy much. I use a Line 6 Toneport UX1 which is fine for what it is. Not the greatest interface but works perfectly well for $150. Amp emulation and (supposed) mic preamp emulation. For just the amp emulation it's worth it.

Don't get stuck on the Firewire necessarily. If you're only recording 1 thing at a time, you don't need Firewire. However, if you insist on a firewire interface, consider spending a bit more money and go for either get an Mbox 2 mini(sorry that's usb 2.0), Tascam Fireone or a Presonus Inspire. All of these come with some sort of recording software. Protools LE or Cubase LE resepectively.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote