Clear all

Line 6 Toneport & Mircophone.

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I just got my new laptop for university on Saturday, and I'm looking to use it for a bit of recording. I'm just looking for something for guitar and vocals, and it has to be compact, because I'm living in an apartment in the fall.

I was looking at the Line 6 Toneport UX1. The price is right, and so are the features. The reviews sound good also. Does anybody have one, or have used one? Is it worth getting? What are the pros/cons. I would love some advice, I really like to research things before I purchase them.

Also, I want a microphone for vocals, and possibly to double as a guitar mic if needed, but mainly for vocals. I know the Shure 59 is great, but I don't have the money now, and I don't have the need either. Just a good microphone, not a great one. The recording is to mainly improve on my timing for singing and playing at the same time, as well as to get some copies of my originals, so that I don't lose them.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member

If you want good mic for a very good price I can recommend the Behringer XM8500 http://www.musiciansbuy.com/BEHRINGER_XM8500_MIC.html
Its a copy of Shure SM 58, and many people tells that it is as good as the Shure.
I use it and find it very good.

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

ReplyQuote
(@morpheus)
Trusted Member

I was just given the Toneport UX2 as a gift a few days ago (the wife was seeing too much of me, and wanted some alone time). Looking at the website the big difference between the UX1 and UX2 appears to be the additional inputs for guitars and mikes. But I have not had time to research this. If the UX1 has the same software as the UX2, it sounds pretty good. And it is pretty compact. Again, this is really new to me, so I am still discovering features. However, within an hour or so I was recording my first song. You get a variety of tones with the modeling software. So far they sound a lot better than I would have expected. For a newbie to recording it is pretty cool to have so many different amp models and effects to play with. I think this idea might backfire on the wife. I am putting together a whole new list of equipment I want.

Best of luck.

ReplyQuote