Clear all

New PC - Issues Resolved

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Some might have read that I got a new and quite mopre powerful PC to do music items with it. I was wondering if anyone had something similar. I've got three issues or questions that hopefully someone has successfuky dealt with.

#1: blue Snowball mic not recognized by Window 7. I di have a etter ti their suport team for suggestions. I will share what I receive if it's of any value and others might too, down the road might benefit.

#2: Mac uses get the software Garageband. Windoze users don't get squat.

#3 and finally, does anyone have a work around to get the volume up from low state it is now going through GT-10 into a usb port on my PC. I have all the settings correct, as far as I know. It happened with both old and new PCs,

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

An update of sorts.

For issue #1, the USB Mic, it does not in fact work on Win-doze 7. Mine is out of warrenty. It cost me $100. They offered me an updated on fro $65. Not great, but they did not have to do anything either. I'm writing this off as good customer service. On top of that, there is a new one they've released called a Yeti. It is $150 on Musicians' Friends and others like it. They gave me this unit for $90......shipped. considering they did not have to do anything, they treated me very nicely. So, a shout out to the fine folks at the Blue Mic customer service dept. Hopefully, the same mistake will not happen again.

#2 is and always will be a mute issue. M-soft give you no cool recording tools. A very small one not worth mentioning.

#3: I got my power issue solved. I lurked around the Boss downloads section and downloaded a firmware update. I installed it and now have crystal clear and loud volume coming into my PC digitally. I do not know what that does buy me, but at least it performs as advertised.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Installing new systems is always a headache. I have to install the drivers for my external soundcard but when I have some time... I use it with the guitars...

Then, is your computer operative for music?

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

It will be all set in a few days. I'm waiting on the new mic to come in. Should be here on thursday. Guitar-wise, I'm all set. I can go analog or digital. I've also been messing with new recording software trials. Wavosaur and Reaper. So far, I like Audacity still.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

Roy. I will be unplugging and dismantling my computer and recording studio soon. I have fear that when I set it all back up something won't work and I will be pulling my hair trying to figure how it all goes back together again.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Just write everything done and label. Draw little maps. I used to do that. Now I just throw everything in one heaping glob. I've done it too many times, and that's with only moving once during the first PC we had in 1990. :lol:

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Roy. I will be unplugging and dismantling my computer and recording studio soon. I have fear that when I set it all back up something won't work and I will be pulling my hair trying to figure how it all goes back together again.

Will you upgrade to Windows 7? I have read bad reviews of Lexicon Lambda/Omega esp. while getting them to work with Win 7.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

no. I am keeping Windows XP for as long as it works. after three years of recording I have 63% free space on my drive,
Lambda runs smooth. I will probably , soon, add a recording designated hard drive.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Space was never the issue for me. Nor was the operating system. It was always the daggone processing speed. It was top of the line when new, but 5 years has a way have making something obsolete. I'll likely dble the ram or maybe even triple it in this machine just to keep normal PC activities from taxing the system.

Roy

ReplyQuote