Notifications
Clear all

pro tools LE HELP!!!! i have no idea

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@swansong1098)
Topic starter  

i just got pro tools LE with an MBOX system and some mics. it all records VERY nicely but sometimes in the middle of recording a message pops up saying i should increase the H/W buffer size. then when i do this another message pops up saying i have to decrease it. this REALLY gets in the way of recording. if anyone could help me with this situation i would be forever grateful! i don't know how to get the setting correct. i also am having trouble getting a guitar to record straight thru the mbox, i don't think the plugs on the thing work. and i would like to know if i can record 2 seperate tracks at the same time. ex. (micd guitar and micd voice) on 2 different mics each having there own track. im sure i can do all of this. this software is very powerful but very confusing.

(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

For the buiffer problem, I'm not sure what an H/W buffer is, is that a setting in Windows? (I really don't know a thing about Windows machines.) Are you working with a lot of tracks at once? If so, you may have exceeded the ability of your computer, as configured. How much ram are you working with? This thing will like ram, 512mb and UP.

For the direct guitar, have you switched the source to "instrument" and cranked the gain and the guitar's volume? If so, try switching to "line" and test the plug with a line source. If that works, the plug would seem to be okay. Perhaps the gain is weak (but it works with the mic's, so...). Do you have a multieffects box or amp modeller you could use to test a preamped signal?

ReplyQuote