Notifications
Clear all

Sennheiser Vs. Shure

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@elbandito)
Topic starter  

I've and heard and read many differing opinions about both the Shure SM57 and the Sennheiser e609 microphones. Some say that live, the Sennheiser can't be beat and others claim that the SM57 is a staple onstage for a reason. I recently purchased an e609 from a seller on Ebay and I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival so that I can compare the two for myself. If I really like the mic, I think I may upgrade to the Sennheiser 906 (it has a three-position notch/roll off switch) to give me more flexibility.

The main thing I'm wondering is how well the Sennheiser performs in a recording capacity as compared to the SM57 specifically, and other instrument mics in general.

Any thoughts?

(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyv0hXkMBcQ
i own the xm8500 and for $20 you can't beat them

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@elbandito)
Topic starter  

I was looking more for instrument mic comparisons... Though I sing, I am an instrumentalist by nature and I love to make records. The sound of various microphones or the non-sound of certain microphones interests me greatly - especially their effect on the final tone of an instrument.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

i would wait to hear from one of the experts here , but i've always been under the impression that the shure 57 is just a 58 without the windscreen.
so.....like i said how can you go wrong for $20, take off the windscreen.
either way it's no difference to me , just thought i'd throw that in there in case you were poor like me :wink:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I've got the Behringer XM1800, three dynamic mics for 28,- or so. While they do what they have to do there is a pretty darn huge difference when comparing them with other mics through a good mic preamp. If you have a cheap preamp dont bother buying expensive mics.

ReplyQuote
(@athnel)

I have Behringer ECM8000, its nice.

ReplyQuote