Clear all

soundcards

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@satchmo)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

anyone got any info on decent soundcards for playback recording,ive currently got a pod xt going into my computer and coming out through a edirol ua-20.but the sound quality is not very good,ie distortion sounds really fizzy,anyone help please.

(@boxboy)
Noble Member

I wonder if maybe the input signal is too high. I have a pod xt as well and the volume jumps around like crazy as you switch from preset to preset.
Is there something on your edirol that acts like a vu meter and shows when the signal's peaking?
Hope that's all the proper lingo; this stuff fairly new to me too :wink:
Edit: So, for the 'quietest' (weakest signal) setting I use (9B), I have my guitar's volume knob set full out and the pod xt's output knob set to a point just before peaking (I see the peak both on my USB interface and/or inside the recording program I'm using). Then for presets that are sending a stronger signal, I just dial down the volume knob on the guitar until I'm no long peaking at the highest velocity I'm playing. Whether that's the 'correct' way to do it, I don't know, but it's easy and simple.

Don

ReplyQuote
(@pcfits)

Hey Satchmo

Your just far to loud boy !!!!

HE! HE!

Better go unpluged so as they can drink int he bar :shock: :shock: :shock:

See ya latter Dude

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Yup sounds like digital distortion. Awful stuff. Turn down the gain.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@pcfits)

Hi Satchmo
I have heard you have a new sound card fitted is any better for what you are trying to do

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Later dude

ReplyQuote