Waves Plugins

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@matsuemon)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey guys,
I've recently heard a lot of good buzz regarding the plugins by Waves, specifically the C4 compressor/EQ/limiter plugin. Anyone have any experience with these plugins or comments about them? Thanks!

(@hueseph)
Noble Member

One major complaint. They are very expensive! A lot of people would consider them industry standard. My other complaint is that they are, IMHO, the reason why current music seems to be in a volume war. With some of the collabs I've done lately the file's I've been getting are so loud that they start to clip. People just go crazy and end up squashing any potential for dynamic range right out of their mixes. Remember when audio wave diagrams used to look like wiggly lines? Lately they look like solid bars.

Enough complaining. Waves produce a quality product that, if used with discretion can do wonders for your work. Unfortunately due to the availability of cracked versions, people with absolutely no idea what they are doing are just pushing the software to produce the loudest possible ear shattering mixes they can get.

That all being said, if I had a choice I would rather spend my money on a UAD1 dsp accelerator and subsequent plug in packs. Decent plugins. Less cpu load. Same price or cheaper. But that's just me.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@matsuemon)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

One major complaint. They are very expensive! A lot of people would consider them industry standard. My other complaint is that they are, IMHO, the reason why current music seems to be in a volume war. With some of the collabs I've done lately the file's I've been getting are so loud that they start to clip. People just go crazy and end up squashing any potential for dynamic range right out of their mixes. Remember when audio wave diagrams used to look like wiggly lines? Lately they look like solid bars.

Enough complaining. Waves produce a quality product that, if used with discretion can do wonders for your work. Unfortunately due to the availability of cracked versions, people with absolutely no idea what they are doing are just pushing the software to produce the loudest possible ear shattering mixes they can get.

That all being said, if I had a choice I would rather spend my money on a UAD1 dsp accelerator and subsequent plug in packs. Decent plugins. Less cpu load. Same price or cheaper. But that's just me.

Haha wow, people are really screwing up their mixes like that? Ironic, considering the plugin comes with a LIMITER haha. Yah they are pretty expensive, but as you know compression and EQ (and reverb) are the three most important effects you can use, so I guess you shouldn't skimp onthem. Not to say there aren't a ton of other top quality (and possibly) cheaper plugins out there.

ReplyQuote