Skip to content
why do my tracks se...

Notifications
Clear all

why do my tracks seep out of time with one another?

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

well, (delete this if plugs arent allowed) www.abouttimeband.biz is our site and we are trying to add some recordings. we have a songs page there and are slowly turning our set list into links for demos.

We did the first 3 ages ago (the ones that are on now) and recorded the instruments together then added the vocals - using magix music maker.

To cut a long story short that is now not possible, we are to busy to spend a whole day together recording instead of rehearsing - So using Magix Music Maker or Cubase the drummer records his part to the songs and emails me to put the guitar part on etc- but for some reason, whenever i playback what i recorded the guitar part seems to get further and further out of time wth the drums - the drummer is having the same problem when he tries to add drum tracks to stuff.

has anybody else had this problem with this software, or other software? how did you fix it?? will it end up costing a fortune for more software or a better laptop?
thanks guys!

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

(@hueseph)
Noble Member

More info please. How are you getting audio into the box? What audio interface? I'm thinking that this is some sort of latency issue. Have you tried updating from Magix site? Have you tried the Magix forum?

I can't help but think this is a hardware related issue. It's not uncommon in many DAWs. There have been similar issues with Cubase, the fix was incorporated with the install disc though. They included a dll file with told Cubase to ignore emulated mdi ports. I know this has nothing to do with Music Maker but maybe it will spark an idea with someone.

Incidentally, I purchased Samplitude SE which is the "special" (ie: limited) version of Samplitude for the same retail price as Music Maker. Samplitude is a little more complex but it also gives you more control.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

thanks - we are getting the sound in just by putting a microphone straight into the laptop really - i dont know much beyond that - but i didnt know magix had its own site. ill have a look and post what i find in case other people have the same problem. ta

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

I bet the problems is with your soundcard - latency as hueseph said.

Get an external soundcard

lars

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

thanks - i will borrow one from work when i get bak and give it a go. cheers

ReplyQuote