A great beginner's lessons

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hi,
Being a beginner myself , i w'd like to share this gr8 beginner guitar link to all of u.I take the power to say that this 11 lesson series u find here is the best for a beginner , which is perhaps better that guitarnoise or any site on the BIG web.Find out urself and learn along.Also if u don mind much , plz tell what those lessons lack if they lack anything.

Connecting the world all over ,
me and my guitar ,
I am,

Rahul

(Oh by the way , here is the link - :)
http://guitar.about.com/od/freebeginnerlessons/ )

Posted : 19/05/2005 8:17 pm
(@pamparius)
Estimable Member

Welcome to the forum john!

There's actually a own part of the forum for showcasing other great lessons. http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewforum.php?f=31

"Trying is the first step towards failure."

Posted : 19/05/2005 8:26 pm
(@hbriem)
Honorable Member

Here's a beginner's lesson:

"You" is spelled "Y-O-U", not "U".

"Great" is spelled "G-R-E-A-T", not "G-R-8".

"Please" is spelled "P-L-E-A-S-E", not "P-L-Z".

I know I'm being a nitpicky smartarse, but this is important to many of us here. You will note that irc-isms are not used here and not welcomed.

Welcome to our forum, John.

--
Helgi Briem
hbriem AT gmail DOT com

Posted : 19/05/2005 8:31 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

ok Mr. hbriem,
lol i won't say anything.

Posted : 19/05/2005 8:50 pm
(@hbriem)
Honorable Member

I hope you have a great time here and learn a lot from the great teachers and experienced players we have among the members.

--
Helgi Briem
hbriem AT gmail DOT com

Posted : 19/05/2005 9:17 pm
(@azertyuiop201)
Trusted Member

I started out on those beginner lessons , up to #5 or so .. I should get back on them I guess.

I think the lessons were pretty good and simple , it's good for when you want to get on it quickly without reading too much. GN scared me a little at first cause it seemed more difficult , but if you take the effort of going through a lesson with complete focus you'll be very happy you did.

I'm not sure but I think in one of the first lessons on about.guitar.com they teach you the G chord with your ring finger on the third fret of the small 'e' string ... my brother told me to move up all my finger one place so the pinky gets on that string and index finger comes free , it made swithing to other chords much easier as a beginner. Might be helpfull ..

Posted : 19/05/2005 10:32 pm
(@hbriem)
Honorable Member

Well, the G chord with the ring finger on the 1st string is certainly easier for a beginner to learn.

There are certain advantages to the pinky on the 1st string version, but not really for beginners. For most beginners, the pinky is very stiff and unresponsive.

--
Helgi Briem
hbriem AT gmail DOT com

Posted : 20/05/2005 8:07 am